Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Double D Challenge - Fall Plaids

Hello friends . . .
Today begins a new challenge at the 

Team Darlene is hosting today's challenge and the chosen
theme is . . .

FALL PLAIDS

Here's the tile board created for your inspiration  . . .

 

 I had to really give this one a lot of thought (and I thought it was going
to be an easy one!  NOT!!)  LOL


I found the designer paper I wanted to use for the background but then when it
came to choosing a FOCUS image I was stumped!
THAT is when I popped over to Pinterest for some additional inspiration!
After rummaging through several images and sentiments, I 
decided on these two.  I thought the plaid converse sneakers were awesome
and the sentiment fit perfectly.
I hope you'll come join in our 'PLAID' challenge funand by all means pop over to see 
what the design teams have created!  Such talented designers!!

Challenges to share in:
Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge - Anything Goes
 {PIN}spiration Challenge #176 - Photo Inspiration (plaid)

A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge #30 - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore October Challenge - Anything Goes

OH!  and you know there's also a prize being offered . . .
yep!  It's this fabulous Crafty Secrets 
'SEASONAL'  Images &  Journal Notes booklet

click HERE for all the details.

Till next time and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, American Crafts 'Hot Cocoa' 6x6 dp
Dies:  Memory Box 'Garden Greenery' #99229, Spellbinder 'Blooms Three' #S2-046
Accessories:  Cloud 9 design gems, double stitched gingham ribbon,      

19 comments:

  1. Cool shoes and that sentiment is spot on.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red and black plaids (I have a shirt like that..oh wait GREG has a shirt like that..lol)...great sentiment and wouldn't it be fun to have shoes likes that (well it would be if we would wear shoes...lol)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is awesome! Love the red plaid and those Converse Sneakers.....how clever and creative of you to make a plaid flower--LOVE that! And your fun sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a stunning card I love all the tartan. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 33 Anything Goes sponsored by Kenny K Stamps. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow--those sneakers make a great focal point & I love the plaid flower, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, I love your fun card and sentiment. Red plaid sneakers...I would love to have a pair of them again. Beautiful flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these shoes! I used to have some stars and stripes high tops and wore them on or around 4th of July. You can guess I didn't get a whole lot of wear out of them, but they were fun. Your plaids look fantastic and the sentiment is perfect. Love that cute little plaid flower. Oops, my post was late. My goof, but caught it this morning. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun pair of shoes. Love how you layered this card and matched the plaids. How cute to add the plaid flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool, so neat you found an image to go perfectly with your paper, fun card and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very neat image and card, I think a lot of people would think it is so fun to receive it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card! That plaid is so awesome...I love the shoe image...so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at PINspirational, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh! I can almost smell the woodsy camp fire, and feel the chill in the evenings with this wonderful design, Darlene! It's fabulous in color (kind of Christmasy for a guy!) and the sentiment is FABULOUS! I love the textures you introduced in both the papers/focal image, and the embellishments!

    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Anything Craft Goes". I hope you have enjoyed playing along as much as we have enjoyed seeing your talent. Please check back to see if you are a winner!
    crafty hugs,
    de

    ReplyDelete
  15. How clever to use the image of those shoes and the perfectly matched sentiment! I love the plaid dsp and colors - what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I was a teen I so coveted plaid converse. I settled for camo though. Awesome card! I love how the card totally mimics the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The paper and shoes are a perfect match Darlene. Super cool card and the sentiment is spot on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene