background

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Double D Challenge - Pumpkin Time

Happy Wednesday Dear Friends!
It's time once again for a new & fun challenge at the

Today Team Diane is hosting the challenge
and the theme Diane has chosen is . . .

PUMPKIN TIME
(yes it is that time of year isn't it!!)

Check out this fabulous inspiration tile board Diane has created ...


 I don't do many cards for this time of year so this was a challenge
for me but what a fun time I had creating and putting together
this design ... what do you think?


When I first began pulling items together than I thought I might
be able to use for today's card, I spotted a strip of orange burlap (left over
from a project I did a few years back for JoAnn Fabrics) and thought
that would be great on today's card so I cut a strip.
However, once I was done cutting and stacking all my pumpkins, you
can hardly see the burlap panel that I was so thrilled to show off!  LOL
Can you see it now?  LOL


I wanted a nice Fall sentiment but then spotted this Fall sticker
among my (very neglected) scrapbooking stash.
I double matted it with green and orange card stock panels
and I think it works beautifully!

I hope you'll come join in the challenge fun
and by all means pop over to see what the design teams 
have created!  Such talented designers!!
OH and there's also a prize being offered . . . click HERE for all the details. 

Challenges to share in:
Crafting From the Heart Challenge #130 - Anything Goes
Melonheadz Friends Challenge - Autumn
The Crazy Challenge #232 - Autumn is Coming
Lawnscaping Challenge - Inspiration Board

Amusing Challenge - Fall Colors
 Come and Get It Challenge - Welcome Autumn
Anything But Cute Challenge #18 - An Autumn Day (ends 11/4) 

Till next time and as always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Rust cs, Orange cs, Olive Green cs, DCWV design paper, scraps of Fall colored dp
Accessories:  Miss Elizabeth's Fall Floral Stickers, Dimensions, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Fall Pumpkins' #B240

14 comments:

  1. Love the card and that die is awesome, never seen one like this.Teamie, great design and style..hugs, {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your lovely card sure looks like our pumpkin patches here, and love the addition of the burlap (yes I can see it..lol)...perfect card for the pumpkin challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha isn't that always the way? Look at all of those pretty pumpkins in every shape and shade! Love the big pile of them! Your Fall sticker sentiment is just perfect! Love this! Sorry about your burlap lol (I do stuff like this all the time)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card.............all those pumpkins....LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The burlap adds such nice texture and backdrop. I would love to see your paper stash because you always seem to have the perfect paper for every project. Fabulous project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me giggle about the burlap, but that pumpkin pile is awesome! Cute little close up peek you gave us. Great paper you used -- you know how I love designer paper -- and good job putting that sticker to work for you. Fun visit today, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love all of those pumpkins Darlene! Your design is gorgeous as always ...and the burlap is also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pumpkin patch, and the pretty sunflower to go with it, isn't it funny how we plan on using something and the card just has a mind of it's own, you can see that little bit sticking out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see that burlap panel and it goes beautifully with those pumpkins! I like the little sunflower accent too for a perfect autumn card! OK now, bring on the pumpkin pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful project, thank you for joining us over at The Come and Get it Challenge Blog, DT MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love your stack of pumpkins!! This is a perfect fall card :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAGI this week!
    Susan - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Darlene, you have created a beautiful fall arrangement with these dies and image. Super card, my friend! Thank you for joining our Autumn Day challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! I couldn't see the orange burlap until you pointed it out. Isn't that the case when you want to show off something, it gets covered. Those pumpkins sure bring the card to life though and such a wonderful display. Awesome sauce details!

    Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute for our "Autumn Day" challenge. Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene