Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Celebrating our 1st Anniversary at Double D Challenges!!

WOW!  Can you believe it???
Double D Challenge Blog is celebrating it's FIRST ANNIVERSARY!

As I'm sure you already know, I am one of the D's in Double D ... the other D is my BFF Diane Hover (Nellie's Nest)!  She and I tossed around the idea of starting our own challenge blog late in the year of 2015 ... we thought it would be great fun so we quickly pulled it all together.  We were so fortunate enough to gather an amazing team of designers and Diane's idea of the mood boards has been very well received (she's so dang smart!).  Now here we are a year later and still having wonderful fun and being continually inspired by our fabulously talented team members!
We also have YOU to thank for this success!!

SO ... we've decided to have a little celebration and offer ADDITIONAL PRIZES for both January challenges.  You will want to be sure to pop over to the DD BLOG for ALL the details (some of the DT ladies are offering prizes too ... WOW how generous is that)!

Today's theme is:

ANNIVERSARY/BLOGAVERSARY/BIRTHDAY

Anything you want as long as you use something in/on
our mood board to inspire you.
 
 I was inspired by the number 1 and the peachy colored flowers.  


The card is actually a 'softer' peachy tone than you see in my photo but you get the idea.  
I have used a combination of very old goodies and some very new goodies on today's card.  The designer paper is from Graphic45 'Secret Garden'  6x6 pack.  The reverse side of the strip I cut off for my background panel was used to die cut my lacy panel ... love when you can do that!  You will also notice that I've created the illusion of a silver/gray mat by edging my background panel using a silver Pilot Marker. 

Ok so here's a peek at the prizes available at the challenge blog (remember some of the DT members are offering prizes on their blogs too!) ...




COME JOIN IN THE FUN!
YOU could be one of the lucky winners!!
See you there!
Thanks for stopping by, 
as always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Gray cs, Graphic45 dp
Dies:  Joanna Sheen 'Isobel Lace Border' #SD231, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Anniversary' #B243, Dee's Distinctively  'Number Set' #IME193, Sue Wilson 'Quilled Leaves' #CED1403, Memory Box 'Garland Greenery' #99229 
Accessories:  Silver Pilot Marker, Silver Sequins, Diamond Stickles, Nuvo White, Wild Orchid flowers, dimensional tape


30 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and I am honoured to be part of this fabulous design team..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous and I love how you used the pen to edge a silver mat. Doilies are one of my favorite additions to any vintage design and this is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful and gentle. I really like flowers with leaves. The design of the paper and its color is very nice. I like the inspiration for Double D Challenges. Congratulations on the first anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely my friend! Your cards always catch my eye. So much love goes into each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully created card perfect in every way with all your pretty layers and colors...totally gorgeous!! Yes, we deserve a big pat on the back with how far we have come with this challenge we dreamed up a year ago and are so blessed to have our wonderful teams/friends that create for us and made DD what it is today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love all of the beautiful layers and that pretty doily! Your flowers are fabulous, as always, fantastic design! Happy 1st Anniversary! So happy to be a part of all you have created and to call you friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congrats Dar! It's a pleasure to work with you and I adore your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy Blog Birthday, Darlene! Your card is a stunning tribute to this great milestone! I adore the grey/silver/peach color combo, and those die cuts look amazing! I love how you layered up the sentiment to make it pop! Gorgeous!

    Thank you for a year of wonderful inspiration, your support on my blog, and sharing these generous prizes! Sending hugs and wishes for another wonderful year of crafting and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure I left a comment last night but am not seeing it this morning so will post again. I love everything about this beautiful card, from the peach and white with gray mixed in, and the clever way you edged the card to make a silver mat. Congrats on your 1 year blogaversary and Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful paper for the background and amazing layering of the dies. The little dots of shimmer around the one are so clever.You and Diane are the best team leaders. You provide so much inspiration and encouragement. Thanks for having me as a member of this team.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Darlene! Love your lacey die cuts. Happy Anniversary to the Double D and thank you for inviting me to be a part of this amazing venture. Looking forward to many more challenges to come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Darlene, you've outdone yourself again! You just keep right on doing that. The colors are so lovely, and you captured the inspiration of the mood board well. How gorgeous this is! It's been an awesome, fun, and fabulous year with the DD team. I'm so glad you let me join up! Happy Blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How can it possibly have been a year already, Dar? It seems like just a couple of months ago I started play at Double D! Love your card and all the little details like the doily and flowers and that lacy die cut. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! The color scheme is gorgeous and love all the awesome dimension and textures!!! Spectacular design!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Darlene, I just love the color, pretty border and doily to frame, like that you accented the dot on the i with a pearl, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the lace. Beautiful layout and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the one year anniversary and I just love the card design you made in honor of the occasion. It is so gorgeous with all the lacy patterns and dies used. And, the doily works great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Darlene and I love all the details and design. Thank you for having me on the team and that I can learn so much from you about card making. Congratulations on the blog anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card Darlene, using fabulous dies and such a pretty colour. Congratulations to you on the 1st anniversary of the Double D Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cannot believe it's been a year already!! And what a fabulous year it has been, you have so many followers and such fun challenges - thanks so much! Your card is stunning with all the doilies and pretty flowers. Such a wonderful card for a one year birthday celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your blogaversary! Your card is gorgeous!! Love the doily dies! Thanks for the chance to win some great prizes! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card. I love it!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So very beautiful!!! Love the gorgeous flowers, the peachy color, the doily, and the old Secret Garden paper...I still have a hoarded 6x6 of it, too!

    Huge congratulations on this first blogoversary, Dar.....a wonderful accomplishment and proof of your very diligent and hard work!! Your challenges are some of my favorites! My thanks and best wishes for many more challenges in the future!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty and I love the "drops" so much on this card. Beautiful.

    Hugs,Petra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card! Love all the details and the use of the doily. Congrats on your 1st year of a great and fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your one year anniversary.... whoo hoo!! What a fabulous card to celebrate. Love the peachy color, lacy panels and beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that you focused on the #1! Such a beautiful shabby chic card! I really appreciate the peach and white with the gray to bring out the details. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene