background

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Double D - Lavender & Lace

Hello Dear Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Team Diane is hosting today and they've come up with a fabulous
theme and mood board.

The theme is:  LAVENDER & LACE


I have had this Joy! crafts Noor! Designs image for several years and
have never inked it up!  I thought it would work perfectly
for today's creation ... what do you think?


I stayed with a simple design to showcase the image by
simply die cutting my panel with the Tutti Designs Stitched Nesting Rectangles
and sponged the edge while it was still in the die.

My antique lace and fabric flower are both Offray products.
My choice of designer paper came from an old DCWV Latte mat stack.
Coloring of the flowers was done with Prisma pencils
and her face was colored with a Spectrum Noir alcohol marker.


I hope you will come join in our challenge fun and remember,
Diane has a prize up for grabs for one lucky random winner!

SSshhh here's a peek at the prize!
  Precious Marieke Flower Border Die

Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Darlene! I love that image and you have colored it so well. That TD stitched square is next on my list to add to the hearts I have. They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous image Dar and so beautifully coloured! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Dar...WOW she is beautiful and you have colored her beautifully as well...makes me want to get my pencils out and color. Very beautiful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOWZA! That image is glorious, she is delightful! She kind of reminds me of when we first get a glimpse of Rose from Titanic beneath her large hat, ya know? Your coloring is perfect and I like how you let the stamped image be the star and just added a bit of lace and that fabulous flower! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, Darlene, what a beautiful stamp you had hiding in your stash! It's amazing how many stamps we all have yet uninked. Consider me guilty. Second, I'm stunned over how perfectly you filled in her face outline. This really turned out gorgeous! It gets a big WOW from me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This design just jumps off the DD blog. That image is so fabulous and you have made even more fabulous. It gets a big WOW from me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, she is beautiful!! Your coloring is spectacular~Pretty design! I hope to find a little crafty time to come play in the challenge:)
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your image is just perfect for this, I so love the lace and fabric flower combo too, lovely combination to go with the image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's gorgeous Darlene!I love that lace and flower too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card Darlene! Lovely image and coloring. The lace and flower make the card so unique and absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene