Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Double D - Ric Rac / Zig Zag

Hello my friends!
How was your Valentine's Day?
Were you lavished with roses & chocolate?  
Or just a lot of heart warming LOVE like I did?
Either way works for me!!  LOL
Anyways ... today begins a new challenge at the Double D Challenge Blog.

Team Darlene is hosting today and the theme is RIC RAC / ZIG ZAG
here's a peek at the mood board . . .


We all have patterned paper or actual ric rac that would fit this
challenge theme so why not come join in the fun!  YOU could be our winner!!
Here's what I came up:


I have had a sheet of 3D owl stickers hanging around my pegboard wall for several months and they just kind of jumped out at me today so I decided that would be the basis for my card.   Then I just started looking through my stash to see what I had available that fit the theme/board.  

I found a DCWV Basic 6x6 paper pack that fit for the background.
A wheel of OLD single zig zag stitched ribbon from Michaels.
And,  I also found I had two packs of Wrights Ric Rac ... one pink, one purple.  
I went with the purple for today's accent.

With so many OWL lovers out there today, I'm sure someone at one of my craft shows will squeal in delight when they see this card available.  Just might have to whip up a few more owl cards for the sale box too ... this was fun!

Challenges to share in:
Stampin' Royalty Challenge SR#363 - Dies
Word Art Wednesday Challenge 270-271 - Anything Goes
Words 2 Craft By Challenge #38 - Celebrations (birthday)
Jo's Scrap Shack Fun-Day Friday Challenge #175 - Anything Goes

Be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog and see what the team as created for your inspiration!  These ladies ALWAYS come up with the most amazing & creative designs!!!

Hope to see you there!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  DCWV Basics dp, white cs, black cs
Sentiment:  Computer generated
Accessories:  Wright ric rac, Prima flowers, Nuvo crystal drops, Michael's zig zag single stitched ribbon

15 comments:

  1. such an adorable card! Love that little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, Darlene! I love the silhouette tree against the chevron background. The pop of purple ric rac and that cute little owl are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card and with a perfect sentiment, too! Fabulous use of both the rick rack and the zigzag ...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THS card is a total hoot! lol Love the zig zag and ric rac you used! Love the owls, especially the flamboyant one hahahaha So FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful card Darlene, love that owl.x{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun idea for the challenge...the zig zag background is so cute with that adorable owl!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That owl with all his colors and patterns is just to cute. Great background and use of rick rack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is such a fun and fabulous card Dar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that has to be about the prettiest owl I've ever seen! The flowers and ric rac are a beautiful match with the purple floral print in the owl. I bet someone will snatch this right up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene, j'adore your card, i love your owl - you've made it fantastic - the colors, papers, design - great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute, love the owl, such great patterns, he goes perfect with your zig zag background!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darlene, That little owl is too cute, and I'm very glad that you pulled him down from that pegboard! I always struggle with zigzag patterns, but you're zigzag background paper is a perfect base for your scene. Thanks so much for playing along with our Celebration Challenge at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute and colorful owl, Darlene, and I love the tree silhouette with smaller owl against the chevron background. You did a great job with all the zig zags!! Love the additional pop of color with your flower and ric rac :-) Thank you for joining our "Celebration" theme at Words 2 Craft By!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely creation. Love the owl. Thank you for joining our Challenge a few weeks ago at Word Art Wednesday. We have a week left on our current Challenge and I hope you join us again. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Psalm 84:11 and it says, "For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly." Have a blessed week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene