Saturday, March 18, 2017

A Tisket ... A Tasket ...

Hello All!
It's time for a new inspiration card designed for
using dies from the Dies R Us Store!

Did you know the First Day of Spring in Monday??
And, Easter will be right around the corner, so I have a fun
creation to share that will get you in the Springtime/Easter mood!


The color on this card is actually more of a rosy pink but for some reason my camera decided to make it more of an orangey/peach color... uugh!

Anyways, today I'm using up some oldies but goodies!  Which includes some old Stampin' Up papers,  dies I've never used before as well as  ribbon I've had in my stash from Really Reasonable Ribbon and have never tied a bow with until today!  Oh yea ... and the Impression Obsession bunny (DIE168) was laying on my worktable so he got included in today's design too.

Tutti Designs - Dies - Easter Flower Basket

After die cutting my Tutti Easter Flower Basket die, I colored it using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  It's a beautiful open weave die but I wanted to make the basket portion solid so the background papers didn't show through.  To do this I simply used a scrap of white card stock and sponged some color onto it using Tim Holtz 'Antique Linen' & 'Brushed Corduroy'.  Then I attached my basket to the sponged panel and fussy cut around it.  Viola!


The left side background panel is actually the reverse side of the SU design paper I used for the background.  Instead of just leaving the panel as a straight cut, I decided to use the Sue Wilson 'Gemini Die ' Phoenix' to cut along the one edge to dress it up a bit.
Sue Wilson Designs - Gemini Collection - Phoenix

Challenges to share in:
Dragons Lair Designs March Challenge - ATG w/twist-spring flowers
Jo's Scrap Shack FFC#180 - ATG
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Spring/Easter with Ribbon
Moving Along With the Times - Handmade or Die Cut Flowers

And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below. 
click below for:

Hope to see you there!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Ivory cs, Stampin' Up designer paper
Dies:  Sue Wilson 'Gemini Dies - Phoenix' CED4401, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Lace Corner Deco E' #B165, Impression Obsession 'Bunnies' DIE168, Tutti Designs 'Easter Flower Basket' #257, Tutti Designs 'Stitched Nesting Rectangles' #217
Accessories:  Really Reasonable Ribbon, Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker, dimensional tape, Tim Holtz distress inks, large sponge daubers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.