Saturday, March 4, 2017

Dancing Under the Stars . . .

Hello Dear Dies R Us Friends!!
Today I'm sharing a card for those upcoming Summer Weddings!


Today I've used the following dies that are carried at the Dies R Us Store.  IF by chance these exact dies are not available when you go to purchase them, DO NOT FEAR!  There are so many companies carried through the Dies R Us Store that I have do doubt you will be able to find something similar if not these exact same dies.

Tutti Designs - Dies - Spring Gate

Frantic Stamper - Dies - Dancing The Night Away

Let me share a few details on how this creation came together!
It was really quite simple!
I wanted extra dimension between the sky and the gate so I simply die cut Spring Gate panels.  One from white card stock and a second one from a 3mm foam sheet.  These dies cut SO WELL that I had NO problem die cutting through the foam ... all the little pieces came right out!  Remembering to save all the 'STARS' from the bottom of the Spring Gate die to use in the sky (medium blue card stock).


I wanted just a touch of color so added color to only the grass and vines on my card stock gate die cut using Spectrum Noir alcohol marker (LG2) before adhering it to my foam die cut panel.
After adhering just the bottom portion of my couple to the front of the gate,  I then added even more dimension by using strips of dimensional tape to the back of my gate panel before applying it to the blue sky panel.  
Lastly came the stars ... a combination of the foam stars, Nuvo crystal drop stars and even smaller stars from a white Gelly Roll pen.  A simple Mr. & Mrs. stamped sentiment and my card is ready for the happy couple!!

I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!  And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Challenges to share in:
Scrap and Craft March Challenge - Celebrations
 Di's Digi Designs Challenge - Die Cuts and/or Punches
 Crafty Purple Frog Challenge - Love is all Around
Creative Sketchy Girls Challenge #9 - Die Cuts
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.