Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Sisterhood of Crafters - Celebrating Women

Hello friends!
Today I have a card to share for the Sisterhood of Crafters
where Agata is our hostess and we are
CELEBRATING WOMEN!

I've had this vintage bookmark laying on my computer desk
for over a year just waiting to be used on a creation!  Well, today's the day!!


I received this bookmark at a Vintage Clothing Event
held at one of the local country clubs a few years ago where I was a vendor sharing my
papercrafts.  I look forward to this event every year ... always an amazing program
filled with new & exciting information from years gone by.

I wasn't really sure where I was going with this image so I just kind of let it lead me!
However, I did know immediately what background paper I was wanting to use.
I purchased this Fab Scraps 'High Tea' 8x8 paper pack several years ago out in Indiana at Joan's Gardens.  I just love the colors and patterns in this pack.  Love how it matched her dress perfectly!!


The high society ladies of yesteryear were beautiful!
They dressed to 'the 9s', their skin was flawless and their posture was perfect!!
I've adorned my lovely lady with gems, lace, flowers and satin . . . 
everything a lady needs in her repertoire!

Challenges to share in:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - For a Special Lady / Girl
 Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #341 - Music or Song inspired (She's Always a Lady by Billy Joel)
 Mod Squad Challenge - Song Inspiration (She's Always a Lady by Billy Joel)
Scrapy Land Challenge #61 - ATG w/dies sold at store
Create and Makes Challenge #9 - ATG w/twist - Vintage

I hope you'll come join in our challenge to CELEBRATE WOMAN!
Whatever YOUR interpret may be ... we can't wait to see it!

Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, FabScraps 'High Tea' dp
Dies: Spellbinder 'Floral Oval' S4-356, Spellbinder 'Victoria Corners' S2-134, Poppystamps 'Stitched Main Street Tags' #1268
Stamps/Ink:  Penny Black 'Special Wishes', Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Jambo Lace Roll Tape, Wild Orchid Pink Rose, Pink Satin Ribbon, Kaiser Craft 'Sparklets', Want 2 Scrap bling


17 comments:

  1. Love your card. The center focal point is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, so many beautiful details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card, beautiful design! I love all of your sweet details, lace, large rhinestones, swirls....but I absolutely LOVE your sentiment, I think we should wish this to everyone everyday! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Dar with all your fabulous details and what a fun post to read, somehow I don't think you and I could of survived that era, you with your flipflops and me with my being barefoot all the time...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! And with all the proper vintage accoutrements. Bet those ladies love to see you coming! That bookmark is gorgeous! The fabrics used in clothing of old were of such fine quality. No synthetics, and everything draped so nicely. I've always been in love with the quality of vintage clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my - this is just so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not even know it was Womens day.....But I like your card!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful design! I love that you used that bookmark--it's just a perfect focal image! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bookmark was just perfect for this challenge and you have done an outstanding job of framing and embellishing too, gorgeous vintage!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Song title for this card. I know it well and believe in it too. Love your beautiful design and the embellishments that frame your gorgeous woman. This card is stunning. Being kind is such a great reward. Thanks for playing in my challenge this week at the Mod Squad.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card! That bookmark is beautiful and the colors you chose for the embellishments is perfect. Thank you for sharing!
    -Miranda
    TheCraftyCritter.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love how you built your card around that vintage bookmark! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful card - and the image certainly is a lady...!!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an elegant card - love the image and your great design.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  15. deliciously vintage ! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creates and Makes
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful digistamps !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning vintage card. Love the colors and design. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene