Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Sisterhood of Crafters - LACE

Hello Everyone!
Time again for a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Today Anna is our hostess and she's chosen
a theme that is near & dear to my heart . . .

LACE
There's nothing I enjoy more than seeing beautiful
vintage lace used on a creation.  Whether it is in dressmaking or cardmaking
it is ALWAYS a gorgeous element!


I have had this vintage lace background paper in my stash of designer paper for probably close to 10 years.  Yes, I guess you might say I was hoarding it but more than likely after all this time I just totally forgot I had it!  LOL

My lace side panel was created with the Joanna Sheen 'Harriet Lace Edger' die then colored using Tim Holtz 'picked raspberry' distress ink.  My flowers are off cuts from a demo I did for Heartfelt Creations at the Adventures in Stamping show a few years ago.  I have SEVERAL of these sorted out on a tray and from time to time grab a few and ink them up to match a project I'm working on ... today's was one of those days!  
 
Nuvo white crystal drops for the flower centers and a stem cut from a scrap of green designer paper using the Memory Box 'climbing vine' die and my card was nearly complete.  Just needed to decide on a sentiment and I thought this would make a beautiful birthday card for a lady friend.  You might have noticed also that I used a pair of flat tweezers to 'cup' the leaves a touch for a more life like appearance.

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun and show us your 'lace' creation.  You have until April 2nd to get your card added to the challenge.  Hope to see you there and Good Luck!

Thanks for stopping by today
and as always . . .



 
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, WubiePrints dp, scrap of green designer paper
Dies:  Harriet Lace Edger #SD191, Memory Box 'Climbing Vine' #99623, Heartfelt Creations Botanical Wings
Stamps:  Heartfelt Creations Botanical Rose, Inkadinkado
Accessories:  Tim Holtz 'picked raspberry' distress ink, sponge dauber, flat tweezers, Nuvo white crystal drops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.