Monday, March 6, 2017

Sparkle for your birthday . . .

Happy Monday All!
It's been a slow start to my crafting day today but finally I got around to making a card that has been on my mind.  

A few weeks ago I spotted a CAS style card out in blogland that I thought I would like to case ... THEN my computer started messing up and before I could save the link to pop back to and give credit to, I had to shut my system down and lost the link.  So, now I only have my memory to rely on (not good!  lol).

Here is my card which is similar to the one that caught my attention.
I struggle with CAS design style but I think the butterfly helps ease my pain of 'too much white space' LOL.


The card I was inspired by had Happy Birthday stamped 3 times
with a smaller butterfly accent.  But after just watching a video and refreshing
my memory on this glitter inlay technique that was the direction I took.

I stamped the sentiment 3 times, but my butterfly was a bit large and covered (in my estimation)
too much of the last sentiment line so I added the stamp two more times at the top.
There ... that's better!!  LOL


If you know me at all, you know I DO NOT LIKE working with glitter!!
It always turns out SO PRETTY but yikes ... what a mess it makes ...
or should I say "I MAKE!"

A few challenges I'd like to share in today are:
Make It Monday Challenge #41 - Colors of the Rainbow
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Make your own background

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a fabulous week ahead!
Meeting a couple girlfriends for breakfast tomorrow 
so I'm looking forward to that!

As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Pink cs
Stamps/Ink:  Impression Obsession / Tim Holtz distress inks: 'Salty Ocean', 'Wilted Violet', 'Picked Raspberry'
Dies:  Elizabeth Craft 'Butterfly Silhouette' #704, 'Butterfly Overlay 1' #705
Accessories:  Gary's Ultra Fine Glitter: 'Burgundy, Royal Blue, Purple', Dimensional tape, Scor-Tape sheets


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.