Friday, April 14, 2017

A Birthday 'Case'

Good Afternoon All!
It's a beautiful day here in Ohio today so I will be outside mowing the lawn before the Easter festivities begin.  But before heading out, I wanted to share a card I created (thanks Diane) for the current challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog.  They are celebrating a birthday and we are casing projects from their DT.

Today we are casing a cute card by Ros.
Here is my card . . .

and here's is the inspiration card by Ros.


I just love Ros's style.  Her cards always inspire me but I must be honest I struggle with CAS design.  You wouldn't think that would be a problem but I'm getting better at it thanks to designers like Ros.


I liked the 'framing' around her focus panel but I think I did mine just the opposite of Ros.  Her FRAME is popped up where my focus panel is popped up.  Either way works I think.
I recently purchase a variety of the cute 'animal' pop up dies by Elizabeth Craft so today I chose to use 'Baker the Beaver'.  
Elizabeth Craft Designs - Baker The Beaver 
With it being a birthday celebration and he is holding a birthday cupcake, what could be more perfect.  OH YEA, and I went into my scrapbook stickers drawer and found this adorable birthday hat sticker ... Now he's ready to PARTY!!


 In recent posts I have commented about all the cards I receive in the mail from organizations we make donations to ... well today I have once again used one of the inside panels for the sentiment on my card.  Even though I give a lot of these cards to my mom & the church, sometimes I upcycle some of them for myself ... as I have done today.

Challenges to share in:
Alphabet Challenge - C is for Cake (cupcake)
Crafty Catz Challenge #366 - ATG twist/animals
Jo's Scrap Shack #184 - ATG

Well, time to zipping by ... I'd better get moving!
Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave a comment ... I love hearing your thoughts!
As always . . .


Recipe:
Papers: White cs, Brown cs, Black cs
Dies:  Elizabeth Craft 'Baker the Beaver', Memory Box 'Party Music', Lawn Fawn 'Large & Small Criss Cross Stitched Rectangles"
Accessories:   Nuvo crystal drops, large sponge dauber, TH broken china distress ink, dimensional tape

10 comments:

  1. This is unbelievably cute, Darlene! That beaver, ack!!! The way all the parts fit together make it so dimensional, yet it's still an easy to mail card. What an awesome CASE! I loved Ros's card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on with this CASE! Fabulous , fun birthday card. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness.....that beaver.....that face LOL I love him! Perfect CASE! So cute! Happy Easter! Travel Safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A simply beautiful card. The simplicity of the white background really makes the fun image pop off the card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Alphabet challenge.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! What a brilliant take on my card Dar!!! I just love that beaver... You do CAS so very beautifully too! Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB and CASeing my card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards and design, thanks for sharing with us at Crafty catz this week and good luck in the draw
    AuntySue DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet. Love that criss cross border. TFS and joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is cute. Love the music notes. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JSS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene