background

Saturday, April 8, 2017

You are my Hero!

Happy Weekend!
I have found I really enjoy creating with a sketch as
my starting point and I often join in the Mojo Monday Sketches
which is exactly where today's card began.  Problem is,
it took me until Friday to get it done and posted!  LOL

Anyways here's a peek at the Mojo Monday Sketch

and, what I've created using it . . .


As a lot of you know, I have a show coming up
the first week of May and I try to have quite a variety
of cards for the ladies to look through.

And cards for our military is among those I wanted
to be sure and have on hand.  Even this particular
group of ladies are older, it doesn't mean they don't have
grandchildren in the military and need a card to
send to let them know they are being thought of!

Frantic Stamper - Dies - Soldier's Tribute
Memory Box - Dies - Beloved StarsThe focus die I have used is the Frantic Stamper 'Solders Tribute' die and my stars actually come from the Memory Box 'Beloved Stars' die (cut into pieces).



I really like it when I can find alternate ways of using my dies as I have with this 'Beloved Stars' die today.  I originally cut it to utilize the extra 'independent' stars ... but then decided a few of the other pieces worked quite nicely as well.

Challenges to share in:

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!
As always . . .

6 comments:

  1. There are going to be a lot of ladies who look at this card and think how perfect it is and how they need it for their grandson. You did an amazing job combining the papers and die cuts with the sketch. I love starting with sketches, too. I'm never current on challenges, and I haven't been using sketches lately, but I always loved them, especially when it comes to using designer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I have never seen a die like that before. It's simply awesome, and I love what you have done with it. Your papers are FANTASTIC. This is just an awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have worked that Sketch perfectly! Your Designer Papers and awesome die are really showcased here! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is quite the outstanding military card, that is a great die and you did a great job with using the sketch for your design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, Darlene--love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing design.
    Thank you for joining in with Crafting With An Attitude.
    Regards,
    BożenA DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene