Monday, July 24, 2017

Who Doesn't Love the Ocean . . .

Happy Monday All!
I recently received an adorable digi set from Imagine That! Creative Playground and found time over the weekend to do some coloring!  This time around I decided to blow the dust off my Spectrum Noir Pencils and had a go at it.  And of course I had to create a coordinating background using my Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (I'm addicted to those things!  LOL)


Inside View

Isn't this image just adorable?  And it was easy to color.  Of course, I had to go with the colors of the ocean and I used pencils from two different Spectrum Noir pencil sets ... Marine & Nature.  The Tim Holtz Oxide inks I used for my background were Broken China, Wilted Violet and Cracked Pistachio.

It's been a long time since I used the technique where you sponge the edges while your image is still in the die so I thought that would add nice contrast today and used the same TH Wilted Violet for the sponging as I used in the background panel.   I've used the Tutti Designs 'Happy' & 'Birthday' for the sentiment on today's card.  There are two sizes in their word sets.  I've used the smaller one here.


Summer seems to be slipping away quickly and I see so many making Christmas cards but I love making 'beachy' cards so I'll try to put off Christmas as long as I can LOL!  (I must admit, I do have some DT commitment cards coming up that will be Christmas {sigh} lol)

Let me see if I can find a couple other challenges to share in today:
Everybody Art Challenge #407 - Summer or Tropical
Fairytale Challenge #172 - At the Coast

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS week ahead!!

As always . . .

10 comments:

  1. A bright and funny card!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Background and image are perfect together! Awesome pencil coloring, Darlene. Got to blow the dust off my Prismas, too. I know... Christmas cards... one a month is all I can handle right now, but I need to pick up the pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Craftaholics R Us.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YES!! This totally rocks Darlene, such Vibrant COLORS!! Totally falling in love with this card. Beautiful job with the pencils, and that background is TDF. Super job!!! Thanks so much for Linking up at Imagine That CREATIVE PLAYGROUND this month and in our Facebook Group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is just too cute, the oxides match so well with your colored pencils!! I always use to shade while my dies still in, loved that look but lately I have noticed I had stopped doing that, isn't that weird, I can't even remember when I quit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well how stinkin' cute is this. I bet you had the best time coloring this sweet little mermaid. Your background is awesome and then those water droplets are perfect. Your card just makes me smile!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craftaholics, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute card! It´s so colorfull and bride, I love it! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge. xx Bianca DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh isn't that so sweet! Adorable image! I adore your colors, so pretty, so oceany! You backgrounds are FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wonderful Background and so sweet Image! Thanks for joining us at EAC! Hugs Michi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene