Friday, July 21, 2017

You Are A Star!

Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!


I spotted a couple of challenges yesterday that I thought I'd like to create for and join in.    The sketch inspiration came from the Sketch-N-Scrap Challenge Blog 


and the theme/technique from the Seize the Birthday Challenge where I chose to do a Birthday card and use their Topping option which is . . .

"Splatter"

Since I was already inky I decided to create my background and splatter panel using Tim Holtz oxide inks (Faded Jeans, Amber & Fired Brick).  I actually had this strip of scrap watercolor paper laying on my work station so I figured "Let the Splattering Begin!"
Oh my word ... when I was done, I noticed I had splatters the whole way across the table!  Luckily they wiped up easily with a wet paper towel.  

I created the splatters by applying some oxide ink directly to my craft mat ... spritzed with water then used a large flat artist brush to pick up the color ... then 'tapped' the brush across the top of my other hand to spread the splatter of paint across the paper.


For the background panel I used the same three colors and simply applied the ink using the same large wide bristled artist brush to create the three panels of color.  Using a white Gelly Roll pen I added some additional 'stars' to the upper panel.

The actual stars were die cut from a scrap of goldenrod card stock I spotted in my scrap pile and I used the Technique Tuesday 'Nestled Stars' die set.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from 'The Stamp Pad Co.' and the sentiment on the Sue Wilson Stitched Flag banner was computer generated.

Challenges to share in:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - We're Seeing Stars
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #487 - Summer Colors

Quick ... Easy & Fun was the theme for today's creation!
Hope you liked it!
Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.