ATTENTION PLEASE

** FYI **
Two Old Bats and Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Blogs will be closing their doors at the end of the year.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Holiday Owl

Here is another stamp set I purchased at Toyrifix recently. It is also by Inkadinkado and it's their new Christmas images. I found this owl to be very intriguing so I used it to make a card for today's Limited Supplies challenge over on the Our Creative Corner blog. The challenge was to use NO designer paper and a maximum of FOUR layers.

After stamping and embossing the image, I used a small sponge pod and in a swirling motion, applied Soft Sky ink for the background. So as not to have too many layers, I used my CM black marker and edged the image to give it a "layer look" on the white matting. The background panels of Soft Sky were pierced and a line drawn through to give it a "stitched" affect. Added a few Prima flowers and there you have it! OOooopps ... wait a minute! Anyone who knows me, know I don't like "empty" space ... so added a little swirl using white craft ink in the corners and THEN it was complete!!

4 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful card, Darlene! I love that snowy owl and you have used it to your best advatage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this owl stamp! It's a beautiful card too! Off to do some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect colors - great layout to show off the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gasp* OMGosh, that's beautiful Darlene! I'm so glad I ordered that stamp set so you could buy it and make amazing cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.