Saturday, August 1, 2009

Friendships ...

My card today covers two challenges ... the sketch is from Carol's Sketch Fun #11 and the color choice comes from the OCC Challenge this week to use Shades of Purple.




Before I tell you about my card, I have to make a shout out to my new found, fellow Ohioan friend Angie Cortes who created my new watermark ... isn't it awesome!!! She was even kind enough to link me up with the "how to's" in watermarking!!!
And I only think it's fair to tell you that I found Angie through another Ohioan friend, Crystal (thanks girlie!!). What do you think? Kool,
huh!!!



Okay ... onto my creation. This card certainly uses a variety of Shades of Purple. And the fact that purple is my favorite color ... I couldn't control myself!!! Hopefully, I didn't overdue it!! Here are the details of this card:


Stamps: Stampabilities, Rubber Stampede, Stampin' Up Friendship Flowers (inside verse)

Papers: Lovely Lilac, Basic Black, Whisper White, BoBunny designer paper, Musical Note dp (unknown)

Inks: Versafine black, Elegant eggplant

Accessories: Nestabilities (oval & scallop oval), stipple brush, dimensionals, Creative Memories round tip black marker, Darice and Stampin' Up ribbons



I've been making an attempt to COMPLETE my cards and show you the inside when possible. This should make my friend Linda Davis VERY happy ... she's always said that "not enough people show the inside as well as the outside of their creations". See Linda ... I listened to you!!! LOL!!!



Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to leave a comment on my Blogaversary posting to be eligible for the blog candy ... become a follower and have your name put in the hat twice ... mention it on your blog and your name goes in three times!!! Hope you're having a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely interpretation of my sketch Darlene, the purple looks great! You have also reminded me that is hould 'do' the inside of the cards a bit more often :)
    Thanks for joining my challenge this time....Great work :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I've missed quite a few, but they are all so very pretty - I especially love You Only Live Once and Happiest of Birthdays - Beautiful!! YOU are truly the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.