Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Crafty Secrets, Midnight Madness & a Peek

Hello my friends ... are you ready for Christmas?? I'm getting closer ... still have wrapping to do and still trying to get last minute cards created and in the mail. But somehow it all gets completed in time!! However, I do think I will need to start earlier next year to save myself this anxiety!! LOL!!
Today I'd like to share with you the creations I have made for two challenges and a peek at the outside of our home.
First is my creation for the Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge over on SCS. Marcy is our hostess today and she has asked us the use "Trimmings" ... how appropriate for this time of the year. I've actually gone a little "simple" on this creation ... the only trimmings are the lace, glitter & Hero Arts Holly gems. I guess you could call the gold metallic framing on the front trimming as well. My Crafty Secrets/Heartwarming Vintage image comes from the Seasonal Booklet and is placed on the INSIDE of my card (see inset).
I have 2 sisters and this image brought back such wonderful memories of childhood Christmas mornings and sneaking down the stairs after our parents FINALLY came up to bed ... to see what Santa had left under the tree for us!!
If you have any Crafty Secrets products, won't you please come join us. We have a great time and even give clues the day before the challenge (on Monday) to help get your creative juices flowing.
The second card I'd like to share with you is my creation for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. These ladies ALWAYS come up with the most unique sketches ... I just love playing this challenge, it really makes me think outside the box! If you've never played, please put that on your TODO list ... you won't regret it! And, the DT is AMAZING and always inspirational!!!

Lastly, I'd like to give you a peek at the outside of our home this holiday season. This is the first year we have not put wreaths in each of the windows (11 total). I decided we needed a change this year so I just mainly decorated the front porch and the bushes that are in the front of the house. (Click for a larger view) We are so blessed to have such a beautiful home and I love decorating it inside & out. At the end of the house (right side) our livingroom extends out beyond the main living space and is in the back of the house so as you can see we decided to place our tree in that particular window to share with everyone!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I know how busy you are and I'm so THRILLED that you've taken the time to say hello!! Now I'd better get to that wrapping! Please stop back tomorrow when I'll have a card for the last Penny's Challenge of 2009 to share with you. HUGS to all!!!

8 comments:

  1. I am sooooo jealous! Your house is GORGEOUS!!
    Mine is a squat in comparison, a one and a half story 200 year old stone and slate built house, which is leaning to the left, with mortar falling out, slates missing, and I WANT A NICE ONE!!
    That's better.
    Lovely cards too hun - still to do my MMSC one. . .
    If I don't speak before - have a wonderful Christmas!
    Huge seasonal hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at your beautiful home, Darlene! Thanks for sharing a peek--so fun to see where friends live!

    Your cards are just perfect, once again! Don't you just love that new "Seasonal" booklet?! That is one of my favorite images--love it!

    Loved our chat yesterday--thanks so much! You helped so much in adding to the Christmas spirit I feel this week--much love to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome house and changed in a real christmas decoration with beautiful lights.
    have a merry christmas and enjoy everything

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are lovely and your home is gorgeous! Have a wonderful, fun filled Christmas with your family! Thanks for being such a special part of the Midnight Madness Family! :)
    Michelle MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, both your cards are fantastic :) I love the that you shared your memories as a child. We are going to make it really special this year for the kids and not put out ANY presents till after they go to bed Christmas eve. I can not wait to see their faces Christmas morning. The finally get the whole Santa thing :) They are both 3 and such fun at this age. Anyway, your house is just lovely. We only put out one strand of lights this year, I just wish we had a bigger house. Your home looks warm and cozy :) Enjoy your Christmas :)
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi darlene - I love your gorgeous card and the way you have used the sketch!! Fabulous! Your house looks amazing - how blessed you are! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week Darlene and for being such a big supporter!! Happy, happy Christmas!!! See you next week!?!? {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, I love that image you used on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I love both the cards as they are Vintage inspired...and that is my favorite!!! Thanks for joining us in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Your house looks so festive....just delightful. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a fun and cheerful image for the sketch. Very cute! Thanks for playing with us at the MMSC this week and hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.