Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SCS Sketch Challenge #258


Today's sketch challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers left the doors open to many things and after visiting a friend last evening and seeing some of her creations (waving "Hi" to Sandy) done using the Nestabilities tree die, I just had to give it a whirl and I'm sure glad I did! It worked perfectly for today's creation. I still don't have enough holiday cards to send to everyone I want to send too! Yikes!!


My base card is garden green cardstock and I have used "scraps" from three different holiday designer papers for my background panels. I didn't care for how the two paper designs looks butted up against each other so I threw a 1/2" strip of musial paper over top and I think that helped marry them quite nicely! My sentiment is by Paper Inspirations and the felt poinsetta/leaf are from Hero Arts.
To create the tree, I diecut FOUR trees of the same size ... cut portions of the tree off in a wavy motion using my Fiskars swivel craft knife ... then stacked them using dimensional tape. I have used gold Stickles along the edge that was cut ... that might help you visualize things a little better. I've also used Stickles to "decorate" my tree. The matting was created using aNestabilities decal rectangle die for the ivory panel and Fiskar decal scissors for the green panel.
I hope you enjoyed this little creation ... it was really fun and really very easy! Thanks so much for stopping by today! It is EXTREMELY windy here in NE Ohio today and I can see that I will be REDOING some of my outside decorations after it dies down. The garland across the front of my house is only hanging on by the ends ... the rest is just "blowing in the wind" ... NOT a good thing!! Happy Day my friends!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dar!! WOW!! This card is so gorgeous hun!! I love it!! The papers "marry" each other quite well!! :) Love your popped up tree too!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! I love the tree..not to mention the nestibilities die you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this layered tree Dar...beautiful!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card..love the layering and the mix of sheet musin and solid papers. The stickles really make the tree layers POP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that layered tree! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.