Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Surprises from friends ...

I can't tell you how much I LOVE a surprise!!! And this week, I received surprises from not just one, but two of my friends!!



At my Holiday Get Together with stamping friends last Friday, Carol Smuts surprised me with this lovely necklace charm that she made! Isn't it beautiful!! This is one craft that I have not even tried to dabble in ... I don't think my eyes or unsteady hands would allow me to create such a beautiful work of art! Thanks you SO MUCH Carol ... this is just gorgeous and I will be wearing it with pride at my Christmas Open House this coming weekend!!



A few days before my play date with the girls, I got a surprise in the mail from London, Ontario ... well, I knew right away by the address that it was from my very crafty friend Janine (2bKrafty) and I'll tell you, this gal is really crafty!! She is one of Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply gals and she is just the sweetest lady you'd ever want to meet!!!


What a wonderful surprise to receive this handmade felt mitten that she has hand stitched to decorate! WOW how awesome is this!!! I don't have anything like this in my collection of holiday goodies and I just LOVE IT!!! Thank you SO MUCH Janine ... you are a real sweetie and it looks fantastic on my tree!!! You know I love the Old-World, Vintage look and this is just perfect!! Bless You!!


*********

Speaking of Old World & Vintage ... would you like to see another OLD ornaments??? This one is actually from my grandmother's tree and is dated circa 1940's. It is in pretty good shape except for the hanger part. I'm being very careful to wrap it gently in tissue every year so it doesn't deteriate any worse than it already has.

My mom says she remember this one being on their tree at home. Of course there was a LOT of tree to decorate because they had 12' ceilings back in the old farmhouse and once decorated, the tree star touched the ceiling! I remember in my younger years being in AWE when I walked through the door and saw the tree at grandma's house ... WOW, it was GRAND!! Not so much in the decorating, but in the massive size ... it took my breath away!!! And every year when I get out my "special" ornaments to hang on our tree ... these childhood memories come rushing back ... how GRAND!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone! I'm making a surprise for each of my guests who are coming the the party this weekend ... best get back to it or they won't be completed! Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

  1. Such sweet surprises! I love the story of your Grandmother's ornament. I treasure little things such as this too!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Darlene I just love your personal stories! They are so wonderful, especially since they reflect who you are beyond crafting. I love the neclace pendant - just beautiful! The mitten is so sweet, how wonderful to be in a great group of crafting sisterhood!
    I love your grandma's ornament, what a beautiful memory of tall trees and the grand presence it had on you when you were little. Thank you for sharing and enjoy jury duty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene,
    Love your Grandmother's ornament!
    Such a sweet surprise to get this gorgeous necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene!! You are welcome!! I love how it looks on your tree.
    Have fun at court!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.