Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #37


Here it is time for another Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! If you haven't yet played this challenge, you really must give it a try! These ladies are amazing and really make you think "out of the box".

They have added a couple new elements to this challenge. 1.) you can take a peek on Friday for the upcoming Tuesday challenge sketch ... 2.) they are now offering a "simplified" version of the sketch as well as the more "detail" (see inset) sketch.

Some folks like to keep their designs more Clean & Simple ... me ... I'll go for the more detailed sketch ... this seems to challenge me more!!

So for today's creation, I have gone with an "Italian/vintage" flavor to my card. I just LOVE the images in ALL of the Crafty Secrets booklets and this particular one comes from the "Homemade" booklet. Isn't this little one just adorable!!! The wine bottle is also from Crafty Secrets ... one of the images in the "Wine Lovers" stamp set.

My card is A-6 in size and I've used a variety of designer papers. The purple/grapey paper is 2-sided and comes from BoBunny ... the vintage french script paper is from Graphic45. The base card is Very Vanilla which I have inked with Ranger Vintage Photo ink and the matting is Chocolate Chip cardstock. The focus image has been triple matted using Pink Passion, Lavendar Lace & Elegant Eggplant cardstocks. The wine bottle was stamped onto white cardstock with Eggplant Envy craft ink, clear embossed, cut out with a Fiskar's swivel craft knife then popped up with dimensionals. The green satin vine ribbon was given to me by my friend, Terri Snode (waving Hi! ) and I believe she purchased it at a local wholesaler called "Flower Factory".

I've enjoyed having time to craft today but as I said in my last post ... I really need to get some work/cleaning done around here! It's starting to get ahead of me so I'd better get busy!!! Have a great day! Please stop back tomorrow for another "Penny's Challenge" creation.

Thanks for coming by!!

12 comments:

  1. I got here through SCS as the link to your blog from MMSC is not functioning correctly. I will have Priscilla delete the current one if you will try again. Thanks!! Cute cute card, Great colors and I like your vine trim!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so quick with these sketches girl!! I love what you've done with your Vintage image!! Awesome job lady!! Hope you have a great night!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darlene - you do it week after week - 'wow' us with your cards! I love this Italian Vintage card - so festive. your colours are perfect and that image stunning....nice touch with the wine bottle! It is 'bellisimo'!! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week Darlene, we appreciate your support! We look forward to seeing you again next week! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, I do so love this card. The color combo is simply divine. That image is as cute as can be and I love that grapevine embellishment with the wine bottle...SO CUTE and SO CREATIVE!!! Thanks for finding time to play with us this week at Midnight Madness. We welcome you to play again at the next challenge as it is always a treat to view your creativity.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, I need a wine glass, please, while I enjoy this gorgeous card! You pulled out all the stops here. Love the image!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is lovely! gorgeous colors, image and background...translate...I love the whole card! lol
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card hun - could use a glass of vino myself!! LOL
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I always love seeing creations using yellows/lavenders! What a precious image Dar, you ROCKED this week's MMSC girl! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Such a fabulous vintage card! Love what you did with this weeks MMSC! I hear you about the house work!!! Mine's a wreck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I adore purple, so this card is beautiful to me..I just love the vine and the way you used the bg boarder paper to bring out the purples in the grapes..Just lovely.
    Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge each week. You are a very special player to me :) Thank you for your sweet comments on my priscilla's styles after midnight blog :)
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Darlene!! Love your vintage image, the wine bottle and the purple. Gorgeous vintage creation!
    Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week! You know I love coming here and viewing your gorgeous creations!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.