Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More Challenge Fun ...

It feels so good to get back into the Stamping Swing of Things!!! The holidays were great but I'm really glad to get a little more routine back in my life. With that being said, I have a couple of creations to share with you again today!!



It's a new year and a new round of challenges over on the Crafty Secrets Forum of SCS. We are on challenge #101 ... great number to start the year with! LoriLynn couldn't help but think of SPOTS when she say the #101 ... I'm sure you are familiar with that little movie, LOL!!! So, our challenge today is "SHOW ME YOUR SPOTS" ... using spots, dots, round things!!


With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I decided to use my NEW Crafty Secrets "Couple of Cuties" stamp set. My background paper & dp used for the hearts is from the Crafty Secrets Radiant paper pack. I used Prismacolor markers to color my image then sponged out around using Ranger Tattered Rose distress ink. The string pearls are by Darice and purchased at Joann's. The hearts were created using the Nestabilities class heart dies and I decided to do a little paper piercing here ... something I seem to forget about these days!!! Don't know why because I love the look it gives! My friend Julie, (A Vintage Chic) has gotten me hooked on adding a touch of SPARKLE to my creations of late ... hence the silver glitter outline! Thanks girlfriend!!!





This second card is my creation entry for the LOVE ME challenge over on Stamp-By-Step. I actually submitted it the other day but hadn't uploaded it yet ... and since it also fits today's Crafty Secrets challenge I thought I'd share it with you today!!


My focus image is actually from Crafty Secrets! This is from their Valentine Cotton Scraps. I have mounted it onto silver metallic cs and popped it up for a little more dimension. The background paper is also Crafty Secrets, from their Radiant pack. For the center strip, I have used a 2" strip of Whisper White which was run through the Cuttlebug with their hearts embossing folder. I then cut out hearts with my Creative Memories heart punch using the same polka dot Crafty Secrets dp and adhered them with glue dots.



The challenge over on Stamp-By-Step is not only a theme challenge but a sketch challenge as well. This is where my layout came from and to complete my creation I have used various sizes of Prima flowers and added silver Stickles to the centers (again for that touch of sparkle!).

*** My friend Vicki (Stamped Smiles) clued me in to the fact that these creations also fit the fun-filled Crazy 4 Challenge for this week ... polkadots! So, I'll be sharing it with the Crazy 4 folks too ... thanks Vic!! ***

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today! Those of you who are in the SNOWY regions ... I hope you are staying warm and for those of you in the WARM regions ... I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! LOL!!

Now I'm headed back to the Crafting Cave ... it's snowing outside ... I don't have to go anywhere until this afternoon so I'm going to GO PLAY!!! Happy Stamping Everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. These are both so beautiful Darlene!! Love the vintage image and your design on the first is gorgeous!! Cute image and I just love the added hearts and beads. Hope you are having a great start to the new year!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are beautiful! the first one is whimsy and fun, love the image and great use of the hearts. The second one is a great vintage image and you rocked the sketch!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stuff, my friend! Love those dotty valentines! Glad I could inspire you to mess up your table with a bit of sparkle!

    I'm heading over to SCS now to get back on track! Love you tons! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving all the dots...thanks for playing with the Crazies...

    also...must say I really LOVE your banner....really lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.