Friday, January 29, 2010

Stamp Simply #124 , New Digi Artist & Practical Scrappers

Well here we are on FRIDAY again ... where do the weeks go???

Yesterday I spent the day with my friend Terri Snode (Terri's Cards N' More) just having fun "playing" with paper! Terri''s daughter Tanya is a NEW digi artist and has her own blog store called STAWNIES - Stamps by Tanya . She sent along one of her new Valentine images called "My Fruity Valentine" and asked us to see what we could create with it. So, here is my creation:
How thrilled was I to see that Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge this week was "Bleeding Hearts" ... to use the color RED and HEARTS! This card using Tanya's image will work perfectly!!! I just LOVE Sharon's challenge and all her lovely DT ladies and try to play every week. If you're not familiar with Sharon (Boy are you missing out if you aren't familiar with Sharon & her works-of-art) then you really must check out her blog & challenges! Here are the deets on this creation:
Stamps:  Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps (Glamour Girls) sentiment, Digi by Tanya
Papers:  Whisper White, Real Red, Graphic45 designer paper
Inks:  Versafine black, Real Red
Accessories:  Nestabilities class hearts die, sponge, SU lace border punch, White Gelly Roll pen for faux stitching, Colorbok metal dots, ZIG 2-way glue, DecoArt Glamour Dust, Prismacolor Markers
********
MORE FUN ... Remember a few days ago when I showed you the Memory Keeper Card Box & Cards I made (found on StampTV) ... well, I showed them to Terri and after completing our DT creations, she & I made a few more sets. I'm sure she will be sharing her's on her blog ... and here are mine.


We both recently purchased the DCWV 12x12 pack called "the Mariposa stack" and it is just filled with beautiful butterfly & sparkle papers, so that is what we used for our card sets today!

I also decided to modify the set just a bit and the way I made them ... you only use ONE-12x12 and THREE-8-1/2x 11 pieces of paper total!! On this set I used the entire piece of 12x12 ... even the little scrap that a placed on the "inside" of the card. Looks great! If you would like the measurements ... please just let me know!

These are so much prettier IRL (click on image for larger view) ... I just can't seem to capture the beauty of my work in my photos!! I'm sure it's NOT the camera because I have a very GOOD camera ... it's probably the fact that I need to take the time and learn how to use it to the best of it's ability!!

*** Editing to let you know that I'm also entering these into this week's Practical Scrappers challenge - use patterned paper.  Thanks Kim (Sparks) for letting me know ... hugs! ***

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Can you believe that when the week begins again, we will be in FEBRUARY!!!   Enjoy!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Darlene! WHAT a post full of yummy goodies! I LOVE your berry hearts -- that is so darling!!! (And thanks for that great plug -- gee -- LOL!!!) And your sets of coordinated card/notes - I am GREEN with envy -- OH how coordinated sets are so near and dear to me!! LOVE them!!! GREAT work!!! Thanks much for playing the Stamp Simply challenge with us today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love the card you designed and how fun to be able to get together with a friend and craft!!! Im always crafting by myself(well with Mr.Booters )and would love to be able to craft with other crafters ...:)


    Anyways I love the card holders, and the dp you used on these. How neat!!! Looks like you and Terri had a very nice day crafting!! How fun!!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been a busy gal. Love your Valentine and the note papers are adorable. Thanks for plugging my drive. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Darlene!! You have been busy. These are all just lovely..Sounds like so much fun to get together with friends to craft..Glad you had a good time..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Darlene, you never cease to amaze me! I mean, do you ever sleep?? These creations are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZA Darlene you have been super busy!! LOVE your valentine and those strawberries, GREAT DP!!! Awesome creations girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE butterfly's- what great projects. I really love your strawberry too. The black is striking with the red and your "Stitching" around the edge at sew much :)

    Angela
    SewManyCards.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl...you sure have been busy!! love them all!! The sets are so beautiful and the card with the strawberries is making me drool!! Great choice of dp and colors!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darlene! You have made some gorgeous cards! I love the different patterned papers, especially the one with the strawberries! Thanks for joining our challenge at Practical Scrappers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of your CARDS HERE. Wanted to let you know I mailed your package today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these! I'm so glad that you and Terri got to spend the day together! How much fun! Everything you created is just beautiful! Love these cards. Thanks to entering them at Practical Scrappers!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABULOUS!!!!!!! Darlene what a great post!! Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous cards and papers!! Thanks for playing along at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.