Monday, April 2, 2012

Supporting the Hearing Impaired ...

Happy Monday Everyone!
As you know, I was busy helping granddaughter, Morgan on Friday ... getting things together for the 'Deaf Social' she was hosting at Kent State East Liverpool, OH campus.  I'm happy to report it was a SUCCESS and although I wished MORE folks would have shown up ... they did clear a profit and had fun!  
I thought you might enjoy seeing a few photos of the event.
The theme was Red Solo Cups & Country Western.

This is the table with all the items they had donated from various companies to be raffled off.  I made all the 'ticket boxes' for the event as well as the Thank You cards that the kids will be sending out the the companies thanking them for their wonderful support.
(How happy was I to learn I had won the large floral painting ...)
 

Here's Morgan with some of her sign language classmates and her teacher.
Yes ... her teacher looks like 'one of the kids'.  She's a sweet, sweet lady!
 
 Daughter, Carolyn (left) was happy to help Morgan by selling the raffle tickets and DJ the music for the fashion show.  There were both hearing & hearing impaired participants.
Can you tell they are mother & daughter??  LOL!!  (I am SO PROUD of them both!)
 
Here's Morgan 'talking' to her teacher about the event (sign language of course) and I must say I was fascinated at how well she signs and pray that her dream of becoming an Interpreter comes true.  She is so good with people and would do a wonderful job!!

Thanks for stopping by and please come back later when I hope to share my latest Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge creation with you.  Priscilla (MMSC) has been ill so we are waiting until she is up to posting the actual challenge before sharing our creations with you.  

Hugs,
Darlene



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on you all going out of your way for such a special cause. And wow, congrats on winning that wonderful painting.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.