Tuesday, February 18, 2014

SHADES OF BLUE . . .

Hello Blogging Friends!
Well ... the weather man was correct!
We got a good 5" + of snow that started around 8 pm last evening and
it was snowing and blowing all night long!  
Here's what I woke up to this morning . . .
 It was beautiful but very cold and windy!  Needless to say I have yet to go outside and clear the driveway!  Why should I?  We aren't going anywhere!  LOL!!

Actually, I'm waiting for it to get a little warmer and a little less windy then I'll go out and clear the driveway so hubby & I can go out for breakfast in the morning!  Priorities ya know!  LOL!!
 Anyone for a Bar-B-Q?
How about a picnic?

No takers?  Well okay then ... guess I'll just have to settle for sharing
the card I made this morning for the fun new challenge over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Here's the inspiration ...

Now, when I started looking through (only a very small portion) my papers looking for shades of BLUE ... I had NO IDEA I had so many!  I realized I had a lot of 8 1/2" x 11" but then I looked over on the 'other shelf' and spotted these 12x12 sheets ... THEN I looked in my SU drawer ... eeee gads, who needs so much paper??? And this is just a FRACTION of what I actually have!
Can you say PAPER HOARDER!?!

Okay ... so as I kept peeking back at the photo on my computer screen and the mountain of paper I ended up collecting on my work table, here's what I came up with ...

Some of this paper I've had for MORE than 5 years so this was a great opportunity to use some of it (ssshhh and this isn't even the really pretty paper that I won't cut into!)
Another thing I noticed I have a habit of hoarding are the MANY vintage images I have from here there and everywhere.  SO, I decided to 'climb that mountain' and pick out an image that would work well with the blue theme.  What do you think?  I bought this vintage pack at Adventures in Stamping held every April here in Akron probably 5-6 years ago.  
LOVE THEM!!!

I also wanted to use something that would showcase the 'floral' aspect of our inspiration piece so I die cut 2 different Joy Craft floral dies,  Joy Craft grass as well as a Cheery Lynn Designs flourish and olive branches.  I'm very happy with the outcome of this card ... hope you like it too!

A few additional challenges:
Craft-Dee BowZ February Challenge - Anything Goes w/homemade Bow

Okay guess I'd better get out there and clear the driveway ... two neighbors have called to check and make sure we are okay since they didn't see me out there snow blowing (usually 1st one out) and there are no tire tracks (heck you can't even SEE the driveway!) LOL ...
I'll leave you with one more snow photo ...
Our 100 year old apple tree in the side yard ... 
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great day!
Time to fire up the snow blower ...
Crafting will have to wait ...

Recipe:
Papers:  Bazzill Wildberry Pie cs,  My Mind's Eye 'Oliver', SU 6x6  'Prints Pack', Navy cs, white cs
Accessories:  TJ Designs vintage image, Michael's royal blue organza ribbon, JAMBO adhesive lace ribbon, Joy Craft #6002/0137 - grass, #6003/0029 floral, #6003/0030 floral dies, Cheery Lynn Designs B117S Fanciful Flourish sm, Cheery Lynn Designs #B147 Olive Branches, Pop Dots

22 comments:

  1. oh that is one very pretty card! i love your take on the challenge ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL pics! And how fitting with the card challenge...perhaps a second card made from one of these beauties. Your card is adorable...blue and vintage don't usually go together in my mind, but you sure know how to make it work. Be careful out there or we'll see a pic of YOU covered in snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent card, love the design and dies. Also love the snow & so hope you don't send it over our way! We haven't had any snow this winter in Scotland where I live...yet! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful card! I love all the different blues, the popped up flowers/flourishes and your sweet vintage image. Your photos look exactly like where I live right now too lol. Thanks for joining us over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your snow pictures. the ones that have the glow from the lights are really nice! I want more snow! Today it was 72 degrees and the mosquitoes are back partying. I'm mourning winter.
    Your card is really pretty. Love the die cuts you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the challenge!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautify of a card! I just love Blues and the Vintage image is just gorgeous! I love your snow pic's...I personally LOVE snow- not so much freezing below zero weather, but love the beauty of the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos of your fabulous snowfall, lol.....sorry you have to shovel yourself out...I remember those days when we lived in NE and Chicago but here in the south it is pretty nice....love your card works wonderfully for the challenge...glad you shared your project with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so much snow! Love your take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the ONLY thing the snow is good for is pictures... and yours are stunning. absolutely LOVE the card. why don't i ever join several dies? hmmm. maybe because i'm the CLEAN AND SIMPLE lady? ya think? this is gorgeous.

    with the warmer temps the snow is now great packing snow. think i have to build a snowman!!!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your card...the snow, not so much...lol...very pretty and so nice to see the BLUES since I have been using so much pink lately....gorgeous card my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you did (your snow pics are beautiful too)
    So happy you are cutting into some old paper…think of it this way, once it's gone more room for new stuff ;)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...that is a LOT of snow! Don't hurt yourself clearing the driveway...Now, onto the card...Just fabulous. FABULOUS! I love the elegant layout, the way you layered the papers and those beautiful die cut flowers. I also had more than a chuckle or two as you discussed your hoarding problem. Another wonderful project! Thanks for playing along in the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #2!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Darlene, Our snow down here in N. KY is melting quickly. Yea!!! Love the card. Your use of dies is fabulous and that bow is perfect!!! Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, really like that marvellous die cut and the fabulous image. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations!
    PS. beautiful pictures of winter, I for one can't wait till it all melts lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That focal image made me have greed and envy! I want her! She is lovely. This card is perfect for the challenge and so perfect for winter! Love your snowy photos....as I bask in 72 degrees. hee hee Thanks for joining us again at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning, and I really love all the die cut elements…gorgeous work for the challenge!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great layout & image.

    Thanks for joining lexi's creations today
    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  19. Even thought your pictures are beautiful....I am so sick of winter! I love your card. Its just wonderful!! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your card! Very pretty! However pretty that snow is, I would gladly trade for just one warm day, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet card! You are rockin the blue theme. The pics of your yard look like mine...we are in mid Michigan in the lovely Polar Vortex lol. Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. Hope you can come back to play again soon! Ginny from Polly's Paper Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love That Cheery Lynn flourish too. Beautiful card. Love the ribbon. So hoping after this weekend that we are finished with PV. Sad when your body starts adjusting to the cold. At 40 you stop wearing down because you get too hot. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.