Friday, February 7, 2014

** LOVE Letters **

Good Morning!
Here we are at the start of another weekend ...
don't forget a WEEK FROM TODAY is Valentine's Day!!!

There's a new challenge blog I'd like to tell you about ... just in case you didn't get the word!
It's called Craft Hoarders Anonymous and this week marks their very 1st challenge which is ...
What's Your Style!
And there's even a prize up for this 1st challenge ... donated by Gloria Stengel Designs.
Well, anyone who knows me knows my first style love is Vintage.  And, when I think of vintage, I go directly to my Crafty Secrets products ... so many wonderful images, papers, ephemera ... and now a lot of it is in digital form which give me even more options!  
Check it out at the Crafty Vintage Girl Store.
Beautiful Valentine goodies on sale right now!

So what do you think?  
I am so thrilled with the outcome of this card creation!
All products used will be listed at the bottom of this post (under my name).

The main 'Love Letter' image comes from the Crafty Secrets 'CS17-DS Love Mail Creative Scraps'.  There are so many beautiful, vintage images on this sheet that I really had a hard time choosing what to being with!!   The 'Special Delivery' & 'Love' tickets tucked down inside my 'love letter' are also from this same sheet.  The RED postage marks and postage seal came from the Crafty Secrets 'Artsy Banner' clear stamp set which is now available in digital form.
 

 I have two new Cheery Lynn Designs dies that I just LOVE!!!!!
The 'B227 Love' sentiment die which I've cut out using red card stock then added red Stickles for sparkle ... and the 'B422 Pretty, Pretty Bows' die set.  This bow is the smaller of the the two dies and I just LOVE how real it looks (and so easy to make)!!

And, OMG ... I am so proud of this flower!  LOL!
I used the Cheery Lynn Designs 'B339 Gardenia' die strip to cut the pieces, then watched the video over on their site for additional helpful hints using this particular flower die.  I used SU very vanilla card stock for the base ... then sponged Color Box 'Berrylicious' & Tim Holtz 'Berries' distress ink on the edges of each piece (both sides) before conditioning with my stylus and putting the layers together.  Once done & dried, I decided to add some red stickles to the edges ... LOVE the added sparkle ... so pretty IRL!!!

Here are a few additional challenges I'd like to enter into:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #257 Red & Love
Sugar Creek Hollow - Love & Adore 
Simon Says Stamps - Love Letters
As You Like It Challenge - Showcase Your Style (Vintage - I'm an 'old soul')
Crafty Girls Challenge #11 - Anything Goes 
Seemacrafts - February Valentine/Love
The Cupboard Trilogy - Love
Melonheadz Friends - Valentine's/Love

Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!
We're expecting ANOTHER snow storm!  Oh well, it is February in NE Ohio!

Recipe:
Papers:  SU Very Vanilla, SU Real Red, SU Old Olive, scrap of musical dp, Crafty Secrets Embossed Pink digital paper
Accessories:  Cheery Lynn Designs dies (mentioned above), CLD 'B315 Ivy Corner Flourish', CLD 'B117S Fanciful Flourish', Wright's lace ribbon, red Stickles, pop dots, McGill flower making kit, Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink, sponge daubers

30 comments:

  1. OMG this is beyond gorgeousness!!!! Beautiful vintage piece of art...LOVE the flower....I don't know about you, but I could make these all day...so pretty with the glitter!!! Have a wonderful day my creative friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do vinetage beautifully!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Craft Hoarders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, thank you for joining in over at Seemacrafts with the February love challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Love your vintage card look:)

    Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card , thank you for joining in over at Seemacrafts with the February love challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this and got goosebumps! Amazing. I love vintage Valentine's Day items! This is lovely! Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful, beautiful card my friend! xoxo Thanks for playing along in the very first CHACB challenge! Hope you will come play again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card, with so many wonderful details. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. I love how vintage it is. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I love all the vintage layers. That flower you made is magnificent! Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did so good with your flower!!! So So proud of you. I love Cherry Lynn dies as well! Their build a flower dies are awesome. Submit your card into their challenge as well.. This week it's flourishes and you qualified :) http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.ca/search/label/challenge here the link. I would love to see more of your creations. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is gorgeous and very vintage. Flower is beautiful,too. You do such beautiful work. I enjoy checking your blog each day. Thanks for sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well girl you have gone and outdone yourself with this one! Love that gorgeous flower too. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darlene, this is beautiful!! Your flower turned out gorgeous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Love all the gorgeous layers and embellishments. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...just wow....I love it! I'm so excited that you joined us for the launch of Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. I hope you come to play often! Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a gorgeous card. Thank you for taking part in the Cupboard Trilogy Challenge.

    Liz xx [DT]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeoulicious!! Love, love, love all of the layers and textures and THAT FLOWER!! Wow! Thanks for joining us and sharing your style for our first challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh, la, la, love the vintage style....gorgeous card, gorgeous card, gorgeous card....I am blown away...did I tell you gorgeous card....Thanks for joining us at our first challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful vintage Valentine card....thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is SOOO GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I love that bow die too! Great card, thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends

    ReplyDelete
  24. O my goodness...this is lovely...lizzi sch

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very Pretty .......Thanks for joining seemacrafts challenge for Febuary
    Jakki DT (craftyjak@blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our MELONHEADZ FRIENDS challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous work! Congratulations on being picked as a favourite at CH!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on being chosen as a favorite 1n the very first Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge! Your project was absolutely beautiful! Hope you will join in again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous card love all the details
    Thanks for joining us this month over at Seemacrafts challenge blog.
    Good Luck with the challenge
    Hugs
    Marie (DT for Seemacrafts)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.