Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Pocket Full of Posies . . .

Hello my friends!
I have such exciting news to share with you today!
 I was so thrilled when Patricia St. Martin asked me to be guest designer over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenges that I nearly fell off my chair! 
Yep ... today I'm their guest designer and honored to do so!!

Anyways ... the TWIST for this week's challenge is:
A Pocket Card or a Pocket to Your Card

  
I decided to make a DOUBLE POCKET card and couldn't wait to color/create with this adorable image by Anne Fenton ... isn't she just the sweetest thing!  
I know I have directions for pocket cards around here somewhere (note to self ... must get all those instruction sheet in one binder) but since I couldn't locate them quickly I jumped over on Pinterest and found instructions for this double pocket card over on Judy Rozema's blog (Joy in a Jar).

Even though the cute little tags in the front pockets have room for a short note, I wanted to be able to stamp a message and write a little something too ... so attached my pocket card to an actual A2 card base made with SU Groovy Guava cardstock.  And, of course since I had this scrap piece & length of floral paper from the same 'Secret Garden' paper pack, I just had to put them to use on the inside.

A few additional challenges:
Everybody Art Challenge #267 - Ribbon and Lace
Party Time Tuesday #161 - Anything Goes
Love to Create - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
DL.Art Thankful Thursday #127 Challenge - Image of a girl or lady

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you'll check out this fun challenge over at The Outlawz.  There's a different challenge theme for each day of the week!  Very cool!

Recipe:
Papers:  SU Groovy Guava, SU Old Olive, Graphic45 Secret Garden 12x12, Graphic45 Secret Garden 6x6 Patterns & Solids, Scraps of White and Yellow cardstock for butterflies
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Fiskars swivel craft knife, K&Co. seed packets, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Spellbinder classic oval, x-Press It foam mounting tape, Cheery Lynn Designs Anastasia B136 border die

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Darlene. Love the shabby vintage feel and the flower tags.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty inside and out. IYou did an incredible job coloring the girl. I love how the card opens and the tags come out
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #127 girl or lady image challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card! Perfect for tucking a packet of seeds or a gift card! I love the image and the papers you selected are perfect! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being a guest designer! I love your pocket card Darlene. What a sweet way to gift someone with flower seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your double pocket cards is incredible! It is so pretty and I just love the sweet image! What a great gift idea for a gardener:) The seed packets are so fun ....I really like your project!Thanks for inspiring!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, You always do such a wonderful job on your card. Anne's images is so cute. Love all the layers. Thanks for being a great guest designer.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this! The design of your card is just amazing and I love the little seed packets! It really reminds me of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gee, I keep forgetting about these "pocket" cards, and your is beautiful and inspiring me to make one!!
    Love how the little girl is center stage on the front...so pretty!! Your card flows so well together with the tags....awesome project my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cards that have pull outs! You've inspired me to do a pull out card for my next project! :)

    Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Anyone for Anya DT
    Stampavie and More DT
    Creative Fingers DT 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Darlene,
    This card is absolutely lovely!! I just adore this!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox
    ♥ Shop 3 Twenty Crafts ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.