Monday, February 10, 2014

SFC0614 - Square Pegs

Morning blogging friends!

Are you ready for another fun challenge at Squigglefly?
Today our theme is:  
SQUARE PEGS
(make a square card)


I have created my square card using this awesome image of Elvis by Enid Barnes.  My coloring was done with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and my background is very simple... black card stock base card, KaiserCraft 'Sweet Nothings' musical dp and a lot of doodling!

The 'Love' sentiment is a Cheery Lynn Designs die and the 'Me Tender' are white Creative Memories stickers which I've outlines with my black fine tip Tim Holtz marker.  The doodling/faux stitching was done with a white Gelly Roll pen.

A few qualifying challenges:
Dragonfly Dreams Challenge #2 - Your Favorite Song
The Corrosive Challenge - Feel the Love
The Squirrel and The Fox - Love

Won't you come join in our challenge fun!
Hope to see you there!
OH and if you need inspiration, by all means checkout what the rest of the team has created!
You can see them all on the Squigglefly challenge blog HERE.


12 comments:

  1. Stunning card you made and great coloring!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I did an Elvis card last year for my son-in-law who is a huge Elvis fan. I found and Elvis stamp at the flea market for 1.00 and was just thrilled to get it.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME image of Elvis! Wow, GREAT design:) LOVE!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great laugh as we JUST had a convo about the Beatles and Elvis, and here he is, right in front of me!! Wow...another msater[iece and so unique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy schmoleys, Dar, this is fabulous! I am racing over right now to get this image because of your amazing card! I so love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fantastic image. I love what you have done with him and the sentiment is wonderful. A person could use so many sentiments from his songs. Love how you created the frame, that really brings him out and those eyes.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing - love everything about it and the doodling around the image - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful coloring Darlene. I love the doodling you did on this! Did you have as much fun color Elvis as I did?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to say thanks for entering our challenge at Dragonfly Dreams! =)
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite singer today, yesterday and tomorrow. Love you image, love your coloring and I love your card. This made me purchase the image for myself. Great job! Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene, I don't know how I missed this card. It is soooo fabulous! Wow! You colored it perfectly and the image is just stunning. Wow. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - the image of Elvis is really striking.

    Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.