Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Vintage Cutie ...

Happy Wednesday Friends!
You all know how much I enjoy Vintage design!
Well when I saw the new challenge requirements at Joan's Touch my first thought went to a sheet of ADORABLE vintage images by Sandra Kuck - Nellie's Vintage that I purchased through Joan a few years back.  Joan's Touch challenge this week ask that you use neutral colors, use a picture (any kind), add a fancy corner/flourish and of course product from Joan's Gardens.


[Here's a little background story for you:  Artist Sandra Kuck is originally from Ohio and my sister was actually the hair dresser who did the hair style of one of the little girls that Sandra was using as a model for her art work!  Small world huh!]

Here are a few closeups of the details on my card ... click to enlarge any of the following photos!
 


I have actually used paper & dies that I've had for a very long time ...
yes, call me a Hoarder if you must!
Or possibly it's just the fact that I have (according to hubby) SO MUCH STUFF!!  LOL!
This Marianne die set is gorgeous!  I've had it for probably 3 years+.  Used it in a workshop,
of course just HAD to purchase it, then never used it again (until today that is!)

I found it interesting that in using the Stickles 'Crystal' ... when I put it on a white section like the butterflies it came up with beautiful multi color sparkle ... but place it on a darker part of the photo and it came up green!  Interesting ... but still very pretty!

Here are a few additional challenges I'd like to share in:
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #4 - Sparkle Glitz and Glam
Shabby Tea Room - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - for Mum /Girlie
Sweet Stamps - Anything Goes
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and I hope you've found inspiration in my work!
Have a fabulous remainder of your week!

Recipe:
Papers:  SU Very Vanilla cs, Cream cs, Taupe cs, Melissa Francis dp
Rubber Stamp: Hero Arts Leaf Flourish (F5042)
Inks:  Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink
Accessories:  Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish (B117), Joy Craft (0258), Marianne (LR0236), Memory Box Tiffany Frame (#98401), Spellbinder Classic Ovals, Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterflies (DL112), large sponge dauber, Crystal Stickles, Kaiser pearls, Darice flowers, gold brad

22 comments:

  1. You have pulled out some gorgeous things to play with on this one. I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Dar....I love those little girl images, they are so sweet and adorable! Hoarder you say...wait til you come here, you "ain't seen nuthin' yet"...lol!! Anywho, a very beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, Your card is adorable! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, beautiful card. I love the little girl too. She looks just like my daughter did when she was about 4 years old. The Marianne dies are beautiful and wonderful to use. You did a great job.
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.joanstouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dar, this is one gorgeous card! I love the layered die cuts! Just yummy! Thanks for joining us again at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #4: Sparkle, Glitz or Glam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful card! Love all those die cuts! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely beautiful. Love your use of the various dies and how you layered everything.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is so lovely I just sit and gape! This monochromatic card is so totally vintage! I adore it! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I just love it Darlene! It is so pretty with all those flourishes and butterflies. Real eye-candy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Darlene, Love all the designing with the die cutting and the mono coloring. Monochromatic cards are an all time favorite of mine. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a stunning card! I love the beautiful image and all of the dies- so fab! I have heard of this artist before- I have a set of plates done by her : ) Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. The picture, dies and colours look fantastic together

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Love it! soooo elegant! thanks for sharing....you should use that Marianne die more....it is gorgeous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, lovely...so full of glam and glitz...Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very elegant card, thanks for joining us again at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darlene, this card is gorgeous! Wow! I love the dies - you need to keep them dusted off and ready to use. The layers and details on this are really wonderful. Beautiful!!!! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally stunning thanks so much for joining us at Sweetstamps we have a new challenge each Tuesday so be sure to join us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful card. The details are just fabulous. I love it : ) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. I hope you can come back to play again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So delicate and lacy. . .love the layers and the intricacy of the die cuts. . .lovely work and just the right amount of bling! Thanks for sharing your style with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene