Friday, March 21, 2014

Crafty Secrets Easter Cards

Happy Friday Friends!
I'm a bit short on time today ... big craft show tomorrow and I'm not nearly ready!
But I do want to share with you a couple Easter cards I created using some of the fabulous Easter Images available through the Crafty Vintage Girl Store.


 The beautiful verse on this card is from the Digital Easter Blessings set.
I simply colored in the lilies to make them yellow with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.
My background yellow panel was stamped with an old rubber stamp (2005) rubber stamp by Ann-ticipations that I thought tied in nicely with this digital image.


This second card uses digital images from that same Digital Easter Blessings 
stamp set but I did a little modification on this one.  
First I brought the Lily Stem into a blank Word10 document, then changed the outline color
from black to green.  Next, I overlaid the sentiment, modified it to make it
a little darker, grouped them both together and printed.

While coloring the inside panel (stamps are Heartfelt Creations HCPC3370 Easter Lilies  and Stampabilities), I was unhappy with the bleed through on the coloring ... SO, I cut the card in half and turned into a larger card (A6).  Added a scrap of lavender card stock to the unlying corners and a few pearls for the front.  Adhered the inside sentiment panel to the inside of the new card and ... VIOLA!  All better now!


I actually like the REDO better! LOL!
I hope you've found inspiration in today's cards.
Please be sure to pop over to Crafty Vintage Girl to find all your Spring/Easter needs!

Sharing with the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Anything Goes with a Sentiment
Dream It Up - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a FABULOUS day!

11 comments:

  1. Loving your Easter cards. So very pretty! I must get cracking on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Dar! Love that you shared the way you fixed you "oops" on this very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cross inside and out. The yellow lilies and the yellow cardstock pull it to the cross. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Easter cards..and a great "save"..who would of known...good luck on the show and I hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors of your card Darlene.and a great design too. I hope you have a great show today and enjoy the day.
    Joan
    www.joanstouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Easter cards. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome colors and cards Darlene! You are definitely in the spirit (Spirit really right?)! I end up cutting cards all the time to fix things - it often comes out even better and your card is no exception. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh these are beautiful! Elegant...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our anything goes challenge . Hope you will join us again hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these cards are so lovely. Love the design and color combos. We are so blessed with your wonderful project and hope you join us again in this week's Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I want to share this verse with you in Luke 1:37 which says, "For no word from God will ever fail." God bless, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are some gorgeous Easter cards! Very elegant and traditional and I like that. Just beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox
    ♥ Shop 3 Twenty Crafts ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene