Thursday, March 27, 2014

Outlawz Twisted Thursday

Hello my friends!
I'm thrilled to say that I am once again the guest designer for the Twisted Thursday Challenge at the Outlawz!  This challenge is always ANYTHING GOES but with a twist!  
And, today's twist is to use a BUTTERFLY on your creation.

Nicecrane Designs is our sponsor and I have chosen one of the adorable images 
from his 'Children Paintings Vol II' sheet as my focus.

Isn't this just the cutest picture!!

Lately I've been trying desperately to grab from my scrap pile when creating my cards.  
Otherwise, my pile becomes a mountain of paper pieces!

The base panel is a left over piece of design paper from Crafty Secrets 'Printable Forget Me Not Digital Paper - DP-224'.  The second panel is a left over strip of Graphic45 'Secret Garden' paper which I've dressed up the edges by punching with Fiskars 'Scallop' border punch and inked the edges with TH 'vintage photo' distress ink.

The matting behind the image is also a scrap ... Paper Pizazz design paper.  My butterflies were die cut with the Cheery Lynn Designs DL-112 Exotic Butterflies small die set.  A touch of Purple Stickles adds a bit of sparkle to their wings.  Elizabeth Crafts gold corner stickers & a little gingham ribbon finish off this simple yet adorable creation.

I'm always amazed at what can be created from a pile of scraps ... I truly need to dive into this pile even more than I have been!  Instead of grabbing for that full sheet (hence creating myself even MORE scraps) ... I need to go the other direction and grab for the scraps FIRST!

Here are a few challenges to share in:
4 Crafty Girls #14 - Anything Goes
Art Impressions #132 - Getting Girly
MilkCoffee Challenge - Welcome Spring
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Creative Moments #39 - Anything Goes twist/Things with Wings

Thanks for stopping by today ... hope you've been inspired by my card 
and hope you'll come join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.