Thursday, March 13, 2014

Rainbow Wedding

Hello again ... sorry, just couldn't help myself!
I had two rainbow panels laying on my table that I had created for my previous post ...
well you know I just couldn't set it aside ... I had to create with both of them
plus I've been wanting to die cut the Cheery Lynn Designs wedding die
since I bought it (awhile back!)
I actually think these two paired well together.
I can remember being in my sister's wedding ... the bridesmaids were all in pastel rainbow colors!
YEP ... (back in the late 60s) ... wedding are MUCH different today!!

I have a need for some wedding cards in my stash and I think THIS die will make for some quick & easy cards that will look fabulous!  Maybe more of a 'stained glass' background look ... even an outside scenery photo ... that would be cool!  Okay ... enough thinking out loud!

Here's a few challenges to share in:
Classy Cards n Such - Rainbow of Color
City Crafter's Challenge - Beautiful Rainbow
Pumpkin Spice - Rainbows
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything Goes with a Bow
Craft-Dee Bowz March Challenge - Anything Goes w/handmade Bow
4 Krafty Girls Challenge - Anything Goes
Frilly and Funkie Challenge - Neglected Dies

Thanks for stopping back and hope you like my card.
Oh and I forgot to mention I used my new bow making tool from Craft-Dee Bowz to create my bow today.  I thought I was making a 3 loop bow ... ended up with 4 loops.  Happy to say it came together beautifully and quite easily actually!  
Have a great day/evening!

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card!! You are on a role :-)Thanks for playing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Rainbow Wedding card, Darlene. I have been skirting around this die from CLD every time I visit Classy Cards N' Such. Guess I will have to break down & purchase it while it is on sale. TFS.
    Mindy

    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's at the end of the rainbow? The promise of love. I really like the way you used the die on the card. What a neat idea! It's great that you submitted your wonderful card to Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene, Yep I remember the rainbow bridesmaids dresses days.Great card. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning... and different! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful idea for a wedding card, love how you have made the die cut pop. Thank you for joining in the Rainbow Challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rainbow certainly makes the intricate die and the silhouette stand out and that soft organza bow is very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beauty...love the pretty rainbow and that gorgeous die you have used...you just keep "enabling" me more and more...lol...thanks for joining us with your beautiful entry at CCNS...hope to see you next week!!
    Diane DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and how fun it is a theme from your sister's wedding too. Wedding have changed a lot - I kind of wish I could be 22 and get married today - everything is so fun. I go to Hobby Lobby and all the burlap wedding stuff makes me want to buy it - I have one daughter left to get married so I may get a chance! LOL! Cool card. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! The die cut really stands out against your awesome rainbow background. Thank you for playing in our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever idea! Thanks for joining us for this week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful ! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a colour filled card for a special occasion. It really makes a change from all that usual pastel. Love the way it makes the die cut pop out. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card,image and rainbow paper and gorgeous bow-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. the colour makes the die cut really pop . Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie x trace x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene