Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring Time Colors with Squigglefly

SPRING is in the AIR!
Finally!  LOL!  And, I'm lovin' it!!

Hello my friends!
Today at Squigglefly, our challenge is to use some 'Bright Spring Colors'.
With my daffodils ALMOST ready to bloom, yellow was the first
Spring color that came to my mind!
Then of course, the pink & purple tulips that are also
planted in my front flower beds are starting to make their way through the mulch also.
So, that gave me the color palette I wanted to use on today's card.

This beautiful 'Spring Bouquet Cup' is by Pamela Lehto.


I've used Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers for my coloring and SU Crystal Effects for the shine.

SCARY STORY!  
I had my card all put together when I decided to add the 'shine'.
On my shelf was a bottle of SU Crystal Effects 
and a bottle of Aleene's Paper Glaze (which had been there for awhile!)
WELL, I decided to use the Aleene's for a change.  Gave it a little shake, then a little squeeze and PLOP out came a very watery, then clumpy pasty MESS!  
OMG ... did I just ruin this entire card???
My bone folder was laying there ... so I quickly began scrapping the ooy-gooy mess
from my card front and praying I wasn't going to have to start all over again!

In front of me was a very large, very WET bouquet cup ... was it ruined??
Oh well ... I went ahead and opened the Crystal Effects and put it on my cup, saucer & tulips figuring that if it didn't dry properly THEN I was start all over again!  
THANK HEAVENS, when it dried it was just fine!  SHEW!!!!  That was a close one!!!

NOTE TO SELF:  Finish the image ENTIRELY before adding to the card front next time!


I fussy cut the image then adhered the bottom flat and popped up the top
portion onto a Spellbinder scallop oval panel. 

 Anyways LOL ... please pop on over to Squigglefly to see what my team mates have created for your inspiration today and then please come join in our challenge fun!!

 

 Recipe:
Papers:  SU design paper, white cs, bright pink cs, black cs
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, SU crystal effects, White Gelly Roll pen for faux stitching, Offray purple satin ribbon, Prima flowers, Stampendous diamond dots, Fiskars swivel craft knife for fussy cutting,  pop dots, Spellbinder Scallop Oval dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.