background

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Fall is right around the corner ...

Hello my friends!
I have a busy week planned (again! lol) but wanted to share with you a card I took the time to make over the past weekend to participate in a few fun challenges.  I know ... I should be working on my design team projects but I just couldn't help myself!  I'm sure you understand!  LOL!

(For directions on creating this fancy fold card and others, click on the FANCY FOLDS TAB at the top of my blog then click on the title to go to my post with the measurements/directions)

With Fall right around the corner and working on some card projects for upcoming Fall Craft Shows, here is the creation I have to share with you today.



One of the challenges that caught my attention is the new August challenge for Scor-Pal.  Of course you have to use more than one score.  No problem there with this Tri Shutter Fold, but also they ask you to follow the theme of 'Food for Thought'.  Well, I figure pumpkin is food and don't you just love that Thanksgiving pumpkin pie?  I sure do!  And thankful for all the blessings (including the pie) each year has given me!

Other challenges I had in mind while creating this fancy fold card are the always fun challenges at Cheery Lynn Designs (Anything Goes) and Craft-Dee Bowz (Anything Goes using a bow).  Craft-Dee Bowz also has a fun filled blog hop tomorrow and Friday ... be sure to check it out!

And here are a few other challenges I thought I'd share in:
That Craft Place Challenge - Autumn or Steampunk
The Ribbon Girl August Challenge - Anything but a Square + ribbon
Crafty Calendar August Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers & More - Fancy Folds

Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Hope you're week is going well for you and you'll have the chance to stop back again real soon!
As always ...

Recipe:
Papers:  Pumpkin cs, Garden green cs, K&Co Fall Pumpkin dp
Stamps:  Stampin' Up
Ink:  Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  K&Co 3d fall stickers, The Paper Wardrobe beaded wire accessory, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Add a Flourish' dies #B456, Offray orange organza ribbon, Craft-Dee Bowz tool

25 comments:

  1. I love these papers.....and I love the way you've used them here! Such a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite paper collections, and I just love the way you've used it here. I haven't made a tri-shutter card in ages. I think that maybe I'll give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card! Love the papers - perfect for the Autumn. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
    Viv.
    CCM DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful with all the colors of Fall, the folds and your embellishments and design. Thank you for joining us at the Come and Get It challenge this week. Barb DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome project and I love all the fall colors! I love the flourishes peeking from behind the pumpkins! Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane this card is yummy! You are such a prolific card maker and we thank you at Craft-Dee BowZ for sharing your work in our August challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the tones you have used and love the sparkly pumpkin.
    Thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M.
    Jules DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I enjoy your blog and al the pretty things you make! I think I am going to purchase some of this paper from CS and give it a try myself! Thanks for all t6he inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the colours you have used for your card - and the tri shutter card is one of my favourite folds. I hadn't done one before we had it at a challenge for CCM a while ago and now I do them all the time. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Autumn card Darlene and I love your use of the flourish die. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. I really like the bird sitting on the pumpkin. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love autumn colours, and this beautiful card really shows them off. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty. I loved those autumn colours. Thanks for playing along the cheery lynn challenge. best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous project!!! Love the deep colors and how the die-cuts fit the paper)))
    Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card. I absolutely love those gorgeous autumnal colours, and your fancy fold is really neat and cut to perfection.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darlene, this is beautiful, fall colors are my favorite! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, this is really amazing! I just love the colours and all the fancy folds! How the heck did you do that!! Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colors were so striking, I had to stop by! Beautiful card, Darlene.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are the queen of fancy fold cards, that is for sure (I think I already said that before...but it's TRUE!)...and this card is no exception...beautiful, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely LOVE this one, Not only my favorite season but there are so many little pretty tidbits go look at. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fabulous card, Darlene. Wonderful colours! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card. I love all the autumn colours and the background cards you have chosen. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorjuss card hun, thanks for joining us at that craft place this week. Shell xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene