Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A day in the life of a cat . . .

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
It' my turn once again, to share a creation using Dies R Us dies in hopes of inspiring you with using die cuts on your card/project creations.
You can find DAILY inspiration at our Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.
 Today's card was easy and fun to make and will be perfect for all my cat loving friends.  Personally, I'm not a cat lover ... don't get me wrong, they are okay ... I just don't want any animals in my house that I'd have to clean up after!  LOL!  (been there, done that!)

I created this little 'scene' using the Die-namites 'Spring Window' die about a month ago and FINALLY got it off my work table and onto a card front.


By simply using a white piece of cardstock, I lightly sponged blue ink over it to create the look of a sky.  Next I adhered my die cut to the sky paper panel and fussy cut around the outside edge.  I used my Spectrum Noir DR5 alcohol marker to color in the birdhouse.  Such a fun and cute little scene and one I'm sure all your cat lovers have seen first hand!
Here's the entire card ...

I love the silhouette look so kept everything else on my card in black and white.  
Here are the other Dies R Us products I have used today:
Tattered Lace 'Kensington Corner' #D318

I've used pop dots to add dimension to the cat in the window as well as the cat that is walking away.  Offray black satin ribbon, a small bow of Offray black organza ribbon and a Martha Stewart bird punched black bird are my only other embellishments. 

I hope you'll come join us at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog and show us what YOU'VE created using die cuts.  And by all means, pop on over to the Dies R Us store ... there are some fabulous sales going on and I'm sure you'll see something you just can't live without!

TIP:  There are frequent SURPRISE SALES posted in our newsletter ... so be sure you are signed up and don't miss out on these fabulous sales and pre-orders.

A few challenges to share in:
A Gem of A Challenge - Embossing
MilkCoffee Challenge - 2 or more dies
Come and Get It Challenge - It's All About the Dies
2 Cute Ink Digital Stamps Challenge #112 - Animals
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes
Make it Monday Challenge - Birds
Ooh La La Creations Challenge - Scenic Cards
Craft-Dee Bowz - Anything Goes with a Bow

That's it for me today!
Going to be a busy day so I'd better get movin'
Thanks so much for the visit and I hope you like what you see on my blog.
Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.