Monday, December 1, 2014

Squigglefly - Skip to my Lou

Morning friends!
We have a new challenge at Squigglefly and this week's theme is

SKIP TO MY LOU ...
(skipping traditional holiday colors)

I chose to create a New Years card with a new sentiment image from Squigglefly.


This was a fun challenge and making a New Years card is something I rarely do but think will be perfect for an upcoming craft show I have scheduled!  In fact, I think I'll make a few more!

This is a very CAS card for ME but I love how it quickly came together.  My background paper comes from the Paper Studio Harper's Boutique paper pack and my clock is from an old Spellbinder die set.  I die cut it from gold matte paper then sponged over it with Tim Holtz 'tea dye' distress ink.  A little faux stitching and VIOLA!!

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at Squigglefly and check out what my team mates have created!   They are certainly a talented group of ladies!!

Till next time ...

2 comments:

  1. Ahah..."time" for a change from Christmas...lol..a fantastic card!! Have a great day my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Darlene - I always love the new chance that we feel we have with each New Year. Love the bg and timepiece die. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene