Sunday, September 6, 2015

Stamp over Stencil . . .

HELLO EVERYONE!
I hope you're having a fabulous Labor Day Weekend!
We had such a great time at grandson, Jonathan's 18th birthday bash yesterday!  And today we are headed over to the neighbor's a little later in the day for a cookout!  I love visiting and spending time with family & friends!!!

But before it's time to head over, I thought I'd take a peek around blogland and found another awesome technique to try.  What I found to play with today is called STAMPING OVER STENCILS.  I spotted it on the MFPSpeedy TV Site.  It's easy, fun and I'm thrilled with the outcome ... what do you think?


Isn't this cool!
Using this technique places the butterflies in the background and keeps the stencil pattern in the foreground!  Awesome!  I decided to add the Sue Wilson 'Greek Island Collection' corners (found HERE) and popped them up for ANOTHER dimension.  


I've been having so much fun this week ... taking time to try some NEW (to me) techniques.  Did you catch my cards (HERE ... HERE ... and HERE) which utilized the White Wash technique?  And tomorrow I'll be sharing a card (with tutorial) using the Bokeh technique. 

Have you tried any new techniques lately?  If so, leave me a link in the comment section of this post.  I would LOVE to pop over to see what you've created and give it a try!! 

Ooops forgot to mention I created this card for the MFP Stamp Shop: Speedy Fox and Friends #278 Challenge which is to use this technique.  Let's see if I can find a few additional challenges to share my card in:
Fantasy Stampers Challenge - The color Purple
GraphIt Colour Challenge - Anything Goes/Backgrounds
Jo's Scrap Shack Challenge - Anything Goes

Well time is flying so I'd better get movin'!
Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers: White cs, SU Old Olive cs, SU design paper
Stamps/Ink: Rubber Stampede, Serendipity Stamps / Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz 'broken china' & 'dusty concord'
Accessories: Memory Box stencil, Sue Wilson 'Greek Island Collection' corner die, large sponge daubers, SU dimensionals


12 comments:

  1. What a great technique! I love those corners too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this card and I haven't tried that technique....but I am going to. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful created card with the wonderful technique. It's great fun when a plan comes together. Thanks for joining us at Fantasty Stampers. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that sure turned out cool! Kind of ephemeral. I love the die cut corners, too. Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is fabulous and I am happy you shared at MFP SF&F >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful Darlene. Great take on this week's challenge at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends, thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really neat technique, you have been knocking these techniques you are trying out of the park...what fun and how fabulous this card is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Dar. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darlene, fabulous technique with great stamps and stencils. Lovely pop of Dusty Concorde ink is perfect for our Purple theme at Fantasy Stampers, thanks for joining us. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. Thanks for trying our tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is just lovely. I adore the soft inking of your stenciled pattern and the bold black butterflies. Wonderful work!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is beautiful!!!!! I love the colors and this technique looks like so much fun!!! Thanks for linking up in our FFC my friend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene