Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Double D - Happy Mother's Day / Happy Birthday!

 (If you're looking for Day 2 of the Jo's Scrap Shack Blog Hop, please scroll down!)

Hello Everyone!
Today begins a new challenge at the Double D Challenge Blog!

Team Diane is hosting today's HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY / HAPPY BIRTHDAY 
challenge and check out this fabulous board Diane has created for your inspiration . . .
 
Not only does the team choose their TOP 3 Favorites and a WINNER
but there is also a prize being offered for one lucky winner drawn via Random.org!
What is the prize for this challenge you ask . . .
 
 Be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all
the fabulous, inspiration shared by the team
and then of course join in the fun yourself!!  
We'd love to see what you create!
As for me, the tulips are what caught my eye right away and here's my design:


I love pink & purple flowers and actually that's the basic color palette for my summertime flowers.
And, even though I do have a few purple tulips sprinkled here and there throughout my landscaping, the tulips in my front flower bed which are also in bloom right now, are the color of those in this photo.
Hence my decision to use this image as the focus for today's card.
This will be my Mom's Mother's Day card.  She's 86 and NOT an internet person
so I don't run a risk of her seeing it before it comes in her mailbox!  LOL

This was actually a very easy card to create since the image is the main focus.  I found this beautiful image online and brought it into Word10 to size it down to fit my card front.  After printing I simply cut it to be sure I had a white frame around it.   I wanted to pull the GREEN from the image so after die cutting the beautiful Cheery Lynn Designs 'Cathedral Lace Frame' #DL148  from white card stock, I cut a panel of forest green card stock and placed behind it.  My Memory Box 'Grosgrain Ribbons' Set of 3  #30077 ribbon is also cut from the same forest green and I've popped up the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Mom' Set of 2 #B411  sentiment.

Challenges to share in:
Deep Ocean Challenge - Flowers Everywhere
Scrap-Creations Challenge - Spring Flowers
Paper Minutes Challenge - Mother's Day / Father's Day

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!
Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .
 

 Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Hunter Green cs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.