Monday, May 2, 2016

Use Your Stuff - Sketch

Hello Everyone! 
It's time for a new challenge at the Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog
and today Tina has an awesome sketch for us to create with . . .




Now as you noticed ... this sketch is designed to be used in your scrapbooking ...
but hey, who says you can't use it for a card too?  
I did ... LOL ... please see below.


I love using sketches and I must admit this is the 1st time I've used a scrap booking sketch
for a card but I can guarantee you it won't be the last!  LOL
And, while I'm 'confessing' I have a 'boo-boo' to own up to!

See how the 'journaling' panel is two different paper patterns?
Well ... It was all the cute little floral pattern and I drew the lines on it (after thought)
and had the brilliant idea to stamp words on it to look like journaling ...
AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT ... I stamped it UPSIDE DOWN ... yep, silly me!
Of course I didn't have another panel of that paper to fix my 'boo-boo' so covered it with
a coordinating paper, redrew the lines and FORGOT about the words!  Uugh!

Turning a negative into a positive . . .
Other than my base card, various scraps were used to create today's card
which 'lowered the mountain' of scraps on my work table!

Challenges to share in:
Crafting When We Can Challenge - Add Flowers
 Great Impressions May Challenge - Blinged Birthday
 Di's Digi Designs Challenge - Pastel colors

Thanks for taking a peek and I hope you'll come join in the fun at the

Have a great day and as always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Dark Green cs,  various K&CO designer papers
Accessories:  Sequins, Heartfelt Creations flower (off cut left over from demo at convention last month), portion of the Sue Wilson 'Greek Island' #CED5102 (ivy), Cheery Lynn Designs 'Two of Hearts' #DL128 


13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Darlene! You're so good at mixing pretty patterned papers.
    What a happy accident too, that your "boo boo" turned out so perfectly! I thought you planned it that way! The journaling lines really brought it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Crafting When We Can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the colors and design. What a beauty and eye catching details. Beautifully crafted.
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes booboos make the best cards. This is beautiful! I have used scrapbook layouts for card sketches in the past, before card sketches got so popular. This really turned out fantastic, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the sketch and what you did! Gorgeous Designer Papers (both of them lol) and I adore that heart die! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I thought you used the two papers on purpose. I guess you could call a happy accident. Great take on the sketch and pretty papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your oops was my oh that is neat that she used two different papers there, see before I read I thought that was intentional :), so sweet and now I will be looking at scrapbook designs a little differently!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Dar!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Di's Digis!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, such pretty papers.
    Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Designs
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card my friend and it is quite okay that you make a mistake... they are fixable as you clearly fixed yours! I love that paper by the way and love that sketch!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card! I adore the fabulous layering and patterned papers! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. so beautiful. Love the little sequins and all the pretty papers. Thankyou for joining us over at Brown Sugar for our 'Add flowers'challenge. Hope you come and join in again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene