background

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Double D Challenge - Polka Dots

Hello Everyone!
It's time once again for a new fun challenge at the Double D Challenge Blog!

Team Diane has a fabulous theme and mood board to inspire you ...

ANYTHING POLKA DOTS!


WOW!  How much fun is this going to be?
I can't wait to see what everyone creates ... going to be awesome!

Here's what I've come up with for today's challenge:

I wasn't really sure what direction I was headed ... but I just started looking through my stash for anything that screamed Polka Dots and look what I found!

I've had this Graphic45 paper pack in the drawer for ages ... time to blow the dust off and get creative.  It's the Graphic45 'Domestic Goddess' paper pack and these ladies were perfect for this challenge!  My background paper is also Graphic45 ... from the Botanical Tea 6x6 Patterns & Solids pack.  This was a 2 sided paper so the strip I cut off I simply flipped over ... did a little 'faux stitching', added a polka dot grosgrain ribbon and voila ... perfect accent piece!  My organza polka dot ribbon comes from either Michaels or Joanns and I combined them together using my Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker for my ribbon treatment.    Peeking through my 'goodies' I found this vintage looking clock embellishment that just screamed to be added to my design!

I hope you'll come join in our fun!
AND ... YOU could be our PRIZE WINNER!!

Yep ... we have badges for a Winner & Top 3 favorites chosen by the design team ...
Then one lucky random winner will be selected for the PRIZE ...
But you have to pop over to the blog to see what Diane is offering up this challenge!

You will have until August 14th to play along ...
Hope to see you there!

Challenges to share in:
 Craft-Dee Bowz August Challenge - Anything Goes including a handmade bow
Craft Your Passion Challenge #323 - Anything Goes
 Ooh La La Challenge - Ribbons & Bows

Thanks for stopping by and as always ...

18 comments:

  1. This is scary... I had a dress just like the blue one. Great news is I did not wear my hair like this. I was the generation that teased our hair or had big hair. Fun, fun mix of polka dots. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, you definitely got this challenge! Love your vintage image and all those polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous my friend! Polka dots everywhere and the image is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ladies are FABULOUS! I also looooooove your matching ribbons! Fantastic creation. FUN Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome images using the dots! Thanks for having me on the team -- I'll be seeing you in blogland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowie WOW! I've been admiring this card on the DD blog. I would have been all over this paper if I spotted it in our local shop. Love that it's vintage, but colorful. Those dresses are so cute! Perfect ribbon and faux stitching and vintage clock. Everything combines into one amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in our current Challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges, good luck.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous card full of polka dots! I love it!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cool, you have done a great job with this challenge, isn't it great to use some of our old items too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! I love everything about it! Totally wonderful double bow! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ August challenge! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely lovely, fab images and choice of papers and ribbons to go with them. I wish I still had my lovely old workhorse Singer machine!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card!! Love the pretty image & polka dots too!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful vintage card Darlene! Great design and I so love the image and all the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Dar...love all those polka dots and how they all blend perfectly together, even the ribbon, how creative that it matches the 2 dresses, couldn't be any more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this, so vinage-y. Until I read your text I couldn't figure out how you did the dresses. G-45 is awesome and you have used it so well here. Really like your take on the challenge, hope I can play along.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your vintage throwback! It looks like the from of a Simplicity or Butterick pattern that my mother and grandmother used to use to sew. Your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La creations
    Alli xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! Hugs, Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene