Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Double D - Pastels

Hello Everyone!
Did you have a great July 4th weekend??

Today begins a new challenge at the Double D Challenge blog with Team Diane as host.  Their theme of choice this time around is PASTELS.

Check out this beautiful mood board Diane created for your inspiration.


I knew I had a paper pack from Crafty Secrets called 'Pastels'
so that's where it all began!


I'm not sure why my camera insists on changing my pinks to peach 
and purples to blue but I guess it has a mind of it's own.
Either way ... these beautiful side panels & sentiment matting are really
a pretty, soft pink (guess you'll have to use your imagination, lol).

Speaking of those beautiful side panels, there were created
using the Sue Wilson 'Charming Lace Trim' Die that I've had in my stash
for awhile now and had forgotten all about it!  MY BAD!

Please come join in the fun and remember, one lucky random.org drawn
entry will win an awesome prize.  
 I wonder what Diane has up her sleeve today!
Pop on over to our Double D Challenge Blog to see for yourself!


Hope to see you there!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Pink cs, Crafty Secrets 'Pastels' dp
Stamps/Ink:   Penny Black 'Special Wishes' / Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Prima flowers, Nuvo crystal drops


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and lovely sentiment.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, this card is a gem!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, I do love these soft colors and the dies on either side are just gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Darlene! The lace trim die is amazing. Love the water color background and the fantastic sentiment too. Those stitched dies are on my fav list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paper is the perfect beginning. I love how you let the sentiment be the focal image and surrounded it with the pretty flowers. The two side dies are the perfect finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, the SW Lace trim is sooooo pretty! Of course, you HAD to start with the paper. It makes a gorgeous background on which to build. Those little flowers are so cute, and you're so good with the Nuvo drops. Weird about how the camera changes the colors. Still pretty, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect creation! I love your sweet dancing posies, they are so HAPPY! And frame your wonderful sentiment so beautifully! My camera does things like that too....weird. lol Your side dies are fabulous and really balance out this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, I love those die cuts on the sides. They are perfect for this challenge, as are the pretty flowers. I love how you have placed them around the greeting as a frame. Great idea. The Nuvo Drops are perfect here too!! And I know what you mean, it's so hard to get the camera to capture just the right shade or color sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the way the flowers are framing the sentiment, so pretty and love your delicate trim on either side, don't you just love how the camera has a mind of it's own sometimes :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful card Darlene! Lovely color combination, soft and feminine. The side panels make it so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card with all those delicate flowers....another masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene