Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Birthday Blessings

Happy Tuesday Friends!
It's time once again to share a creation I've designed for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.
Today's card is pretty simple but I think not just cute ... but totally mailable!!
 

Dies R Us products used on today's card are as follows:

Darice - Embossing Folders - Stacked Balloons


Elizabeth Craft Designs - Dies - Blessings Prayer


Tutti Designs - Word Set - Birthday


I bet you didn't realize that Dies R Us handles some Embossing Folders & Stamps in their store too!  How cool is that!!  And the best way I have found to locate what they might have available is to use their SEARCH function.  Just type in a word ... click on the Search magnifying glass ... and see everything available in that topic.

Even though this card is relatively simple in design ...
I did a couple little things that I think you might find interesting!

First of all, I'm sure you noticed I used words from two different die sets ... why not!!!
Secondly, I wanted to shadow those words but didn't want to use black because I was afraid it would be to  SHARP and drown out my embossed balloons.  So, I got the bright idea to use the scraps that were left from my balloon background panel but of course I had to modify their color so they would stand out from the background ... hence I sponged them with a different shade of blue and used Tim Holtz oxide ink since it was the most handy. 




Thirdly, while working with shadowing my words I realized that my sponge dauber was close to the same size as the balloons on my embossed panel so figured why not give them a touch of accent color too ... AWESOME!!  Every once in awhile I come up with a good idea!  LOL


 I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!  And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE


Challenges to share in:
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Happy Birthday
Die Cut Diva's August Challenge - ATG
 Love to Craft  August Challenge - ATG
2 Sisters on the Blog Challenge - ATG 
Come and Get It Challenge - Use Die Cuts

Thanks so much for stopping by today and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Medium Blue cs
Dies:  See above
Accessories:  Nuvo White Crystal Drops, Sponge dauber, Tim Holtz distress oxide ink, narrow white satin ribbon

11 comments:

  1. A very nice card. Thank you for joining us
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute! I have about a bazillion Darice folders, but not this one and I love it! Also love your technique for coloring the balloons. How easy is that!!! I see way more inspiration every day than I can keep up with, and a lot of it I pick up right here. You're overloading my brain, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute. Love those balloons. I love mailable cards. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a good ide, gives them so much more depth and dimension! I adore that BIG Birthday Blessing die cut, looks FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE this. Not only how you have shadowed the greeting, but that balloon embossing folder is the BOMB, and you have used it perfectly here. Really super adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple? It's beautifull, I love the ballons.
    Thanks for joining our challenge.
    Caroline Dt 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty, I do like the shading that you gave to the balloons, I noticed that right away and great idea to use sentiments from two sets, they look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, I love how you distressed the balloons! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge. ~DT Dana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful colors and design. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful card! I have never heard the term "birthday blessings" before and thought it was so original and lovely. I also admire the way you made BLUE the star and used it so many pretty shades. Great creation of dimension with the double-die on the sentiment, too. I'm sure you have more than just ONE good idea because I saw about 25 on this card alone! Lovely work here and I'm so glad you took the time to share it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene