Monday, August 14, 2017

Go with the Flow . . .

Hello Everyone and Happy Monday!

I had a little extra crafting time yesterday so 
decided to create a card for the
I've really gotten hooked on creating backgrounds
using the Tim Holtz oxide inks and a
'watery' scene is my favorite at the moment.
Here's what I came up with ...


I recently received the Memory Box
'Oceana Corner' (99144) from the Dies R Us store
and I've had the Memory Box 'Big Splash
Border' (99438) for quite some time so
decided to see how they would look together.
LOVE IT!!


The Penny Black 'Fancy Fish' (51-314) was
the perfect addition and I used the 'pop out' bubbles/little fish
from the MB Oceana Corner with this fancy fish ...
otherwise they may have been thrown away.

The Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks I used
for my background panel are:
Peacock Feathers, Broken China
Wilted Violet and Cracked Pistachio

Challenges to share in today:

Challenge Up Your Life #71 - Circles (bubbles & waves)
Crazy 4 Challenge - Monochromatic
The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge #6 - ATG option/We are all at Sea
A Vintage Journey Challenge - Watercolor
Dare2BArtzy August Challenge - Pastels
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Nautical

Well that does it for me today!
Here's wishing you a FABULOUS week ahead!
Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .

18 comments:

  1. I am fan of Memory Box dies and this one is no exception! Lovely card Darlene!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty background and those fun MB dies! I do adore anything beach/nautical etc There is nothing fishy about your FUN card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the background and the dies. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this combination of dies with your absolutely perfect oxide ink background! I had my eye on that corner die when it first came out and now I totally love the PB fish set. So cute how you used the little fish and the bubbles and, of course, the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woow beautiful card!!!
    thanks for you visit to my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card! I love your wonderful background, great colors. And you have used those dies perfectly. I really like the way you have torn the greeting, what a great idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card, from the backdrop to the choice of dies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely job again on the background and those dies all work just perfectly together, great summer time card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ocean background is one of the best I've ever seen, Darlene! It's stunning behind those exquisite dies!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene, what a sweet card! Your watercolor background is gorgeous and really shows off those die cuts! I'm so happy you shared this with us at A Vintage Journey in our Watercolor challenge! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Darlene,

    what a beautiful card, I really like the white on the watercolour backdrop. And an amazing die that is...

    Thanks for playing along over at Challenge up your Life.
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful under the sea background you created for that fun sea life die cut Darlene! thank you for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Watercolor challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card! the background is fantastic and this die is absolutely beautiful! love your project! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful design, great background and lovely choice of dies. I'm just getting into the Distress Oxides inks, I love the effect they make. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning card, the background is amazing and the white die cuts work so well with it what great choices. Thanks for joining us this month at the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge, Claire DT member

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous underwater scene! Love your background. Thank you so much for participating in this month's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene