Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Crafty Secrets "Out of Context" Challenge

Even though I made several cards today ... NONE of them came easily!!! Must be one of those days!!! Enough whining ... on to the card!
The Crafty Secrets Challenge (CSSC71) over on Splitcoaststampers was hosted by Lori Lynn and it was a doozie!! Lori's clues yesterday really had me stumped ... turns out she was trying to tell us to think of creative uses for using text on our cards.
Here are a few of Lori's suggestions:
  • use sentiment stamps to create backgrounds
  • use Crafty secrets dp with newsprint/ad type designs*use vintage book pages to make embellishments
  • use current newspaper/phone books etc and distress to give a vintage look then punch or use to embellish
  • use CS set Journaling to add a script background on wings, fabric flowers, ribbon etc.
There was no stamping on this card because I used an image from the new Crafty Secrets "GIRLFRIENDS" Creative Scraps. My "text" panels were cut from a vintage shopping bag and was zig-zag stitched onto my Chocolate Chip background.
Recipe for this card:
Papers: SU Very Vanilla & Chocolate Chip
Ink: Ranger Vintage Photo
Accessories: Wright lace, Nestabilities, Rafia, Bucket O'Buttons, Sewing Machine, Dimensional Tape
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Hope you are have a creative day!!

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic Card!! I will definately check out this challenge thanks to your card!

    Sue
    http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/
    (I have blog candy until 6/18!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning piece of work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Crafty Dar! I was in a stamp store over the weekend in a neat area called "Brown County" about an hour from our home ... and they had loads of Crafty Secrets sets which made me think of YOU! {insert smile} Love what you've done here! (yes, I was SHOPPING again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes...I would be confused by it all but then it doesn't take much to confuse me. Great vintage card.
    Hope all is well with you. I am back after going AWOL but I think I left my mojo behind. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...beautiful collaged card!!! These are hard for me---so I love to see them from people who can do this style!

    PS--thanks for your sweet comment on my blog yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love that image and the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a hard challenge, but I love what you came up with! The detail is truly stunning. And although I love the background, I can't believe you cut up a vintage shopping bag! I never could have done that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic collage' piece Darlene! Love the textured touches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.