Friday, July 24, 2009

**ssnotime97** Fruit of the Vine

Happy Friday Everyone!!


It's time for another STAMP SIMPLY challenge hosted by the lovely Sharon Johnson and here's what she has for us today:


Fruit of the Vine - Fruit, the perfect summer snack, or even meal! I love it! Today let us whip up some fruity type of creation during this time of year when fruit is so plentiful everywhere. I’m sure most everyone has some fruit stamps, or images, and if you don’t, how about trying to create some fruit with punches? Or, if you really need to stretch it, how about some *orange* ribbon, watermelon paper, etc. I think you get the idea — just get fruity and have a little fun!



For this creation I chose to use the "Fruit Stand" set by Stampin' Up. I've inked up my peach with India Ink Black and stamped it onto Glossy White cardstock. Then using my new Nestabilities (deckled rectangles), which I purchased at Joan's Gardens over the weekend, I cut out the main image and matt. My coloring was done with inking nibs and 4 colors of SU ink ... old olive, close to cocoa, more mustard & only orange. My base card is Whisper White and the background paper is by Graphic45. My sentiment is from the SU Touch of Nature set and I've used sugar coated brads by Doodlebug for my embellishment.


Sharon's challenges are always SO MUCH FUN to do! Why not pop on over to her blog and check it out for yourself! Thanks everyone for stopping by today ... have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. This card is just peachy! HA! Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I love, love, love that stamp and the way you colored it up is just so pretty! Have a great weekend lady! Where are you shopping this weekend?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card Mom. I, of course, love the simplicity of it. Too bad it would've taken be the better part of an hour to come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey crazy lady...you called Julie
    Janine on your comment to her. Are we getting as wiggy as me??? Love your peach card it's peachy keen.
    Have a great weekend good buddy. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie!! This is such a great card for this challenge!!
    I love it!
    How are you? What have you been up to this weekend..???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.