Monday, December 13, 2010

SQUIGGLEFLY Time . . .

Happy Monday Everyone!

It's with great sadness that I'm sharing my LAST creation as a Squigglefly DT Member with you today.  My time with Squigglefly has been wonderful and if you are looking for a very well organized, fun DT to be a part of, let me know and I will lead you to the right people to talk to!!!  Thanks so much Holly for the opportunity to create with these wonderful images and to be a part of such a amazing group of talented ladies!

(click image to enlarge)
Today Kim has asked us to create a Gift Card Holder and I knew immediately which image I would use.  I just LOVE this Kris Kringle image by Marla Shega. I thought the Basic Grey "Jovial" designer paper would be the perfect match with this awesome digi image.

(click image to enlarge)

The scrap piece of plaid paper left from my creation worked perfectly on the envelope flap.

(click image to enlarge)

Sorry for the blurriness of this last photo but hopefully you can see it well enough to know that it's a very easy design for gift card giving.  A couple months ago I had the tutorial on my blog for making these gift card holders but to save you have to bounce back to that posting, here is the 'short version'.

  • Using a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock, cut at 4" which will give you THREE stripes to be turned into holders.
  • Score at 5" and 10" ... the 2" end will get folded inward (to make the gift card pocket) and the 5" fold will make the front of your card.
  • After tacking down the top/bottom of the gift card holder panel (using a strong adhesive, like Redline or Scoretape) you can decorate both the front of the card and the gift card pocket panel to your liking.

I hope you enjoyed my creation and please be sure to hop over to the challenge blog and check out the amazing creations by my team mates.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous. and i love your presentation of it too! fantastic!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful gift card, Darlene! Sorry it's your last post for them...I'm sure they're grateful for your talent and for all you've done!

    Be careful in all the snow, my friend--stay warm & cozy!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Darlene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I just LOVE this image Dar!! What a really clever gift card holder!! Thanks for the inspiration!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, what a great gift card holder! You have colored the Santa so wonderfully, and that paper is so Christmassy! I love it!
    Thanks for all you've done for Squigglefly - I've enjoyed working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Darlene, lovin this Santa!!!!! your design is FABULOUS girly!!! Kids are off again today, omg is is COLD BRRRRRRRR I am ready for a warm up I really need to finish shopping :) big hugs and stay warm sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.