Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Sisterhood of Crafters - Create a Winter Scene

Hello dear friends!
Wow!  Can you believe Christmas is right around the corner?
A new month means it's time for a new challenge over
on the Sisterhood of Crafters Blog!

 Our hostess today is Vickie and the theme she has chosen is:

Create a Winter Scene

Here's what I came up with (actually it was my daughter who inspired me with a design she spotted over on Pinterest).

The dies/stamps used on today's card are:

Taylored Expressions 'Eventful Night Before Christmas' (#TE712) die
Tutti Designs 'Stitched Nesting Circles' (#220)
Diamond Stickles
AMuse 'Santa Silhouette' stamp
AMuse 'Merry Little Christmas' stamp
White Gelly Roll Pen (used to create background snow)



I wish I were better at photography so I could really catch the beautiful sparkle on this card!

Challenges to share in:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Christmas
City Crafter Challenge #442 - Snowflakes
Papercraft Challenges #26 - Wintertime 
Stinkin' Inkers - Winter Wonderland
The Paper Girls Challenge #165 - Die Cuts

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 See you there!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

13 comments:

  1. Love~love this card!! It is so beautifully created and designed...and what a fabulous die too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful. I love that you can see the sleigh and reindeer. The scene is terrific. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Darlene! I love the texture and layering as well as the great nontraditional color for the background. I will try to remember to add the sparkle to my snowdrifts next time - great touch! Wishing you a wonderful holiday season, Darlene! Thank you for all you do for us sistahs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing winter scene, love so much the aperture and all the sparkling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely awesome and I love the way you added the snow to the rooftops too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful, Dar. I love the touches of "snow". Perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! This is so, so cute! I love the design and the village die. I know the sparkle is fantastic IRL, but it sure is hard to photograph. I totally love this, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... such gorgeous detail. The blue background really makes the white scenery pop! Your daughter did well finding this Pinterest inspiration! You know... this would make an excellent home decor piece for the holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your frustration on trying to get a good picture of your card, I bet it is even more beautiful in person, love the neighborhood scene with Santa flying over, lovely layering, this is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's okay, Darlene, we can all imagine just how stunning this card is in real life! I love the color, the snow-topped hills and city, the moon aperture, and the fat man himself silhouetted in the background! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in Papercraft Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty Darlene, love all of the sparkle and how you did the moon

    ReplyDelete
  13. You created such a beautiful scene with your stamps & dies Darlene. Thanks again for having me on the team and I wish you a Happy Healthy and creative 2019! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.