Thursday, August 29, 2019

You're Mermazing . . .

Welcome back friends!
Today I'm sharing a 'mermazing' creation for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog!
 Excuse the pun ...
Summer is in full swing and the beautiful blue waters of the oceans are calling!  LOL
Oh how I'd love to be back in Bora Bora or Tahiti right now!  Ugh!
Anyways ... back to reality!

I have used two die sets from the Dies R Us Store today.

Impression Obsession - Dies - Mermaids

Little B - Dies - Mermaids


I have also used Tim Holtz Oxide Distress Inks  to create my background water.
Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Broken ChinaDistress Oxide Ink Pad - Cracked PistachioDistress Oxide Ink Pad - Peacock Feathers

I created my 'water' panel using the oxide inks, watercolor paper & water.  
For the rocks & seaweed, I die cut the entire die using green card stock then scribbled some brown onto a scrap of white card stock using my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and die cut just the 'rocks' portion ... snipping off any of the seaweed and gluing the rocks over top the green die cut panel.

Next I started creating my scene, die cutting a few other little fishies from the Little B set.


There are several mermaid sets in the store ... just type MERMAID in the search block and choose the one that works best for you.  

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store

For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thanks for stopping by ...
As always ...


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Darlene. I like the dies and how you colored them up. [Bunny]````

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I bought a bunch of mermaid and sea life stamps and dies before our trip and I'm still waiting to use them. I've got one card partially done. Just look how fun this is! Lots of dies and a fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the wonderful images in your underwater scene and those mermaids are so perfect with it. I love how you did the water too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are enjoying their underwater home, great job on the water, love the blend of all those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful underwater scene! Love the blended background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A thoroughly enchanting scene, Darlene! I loved how you described your steps, but you left out what I find the MOST gorgeous: how you painted the silhouette mermaid die cuts! They're beautiful!!! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was too cold in Lake Huron for the 'mermaids' to appear, but yours look like they are in warmer waters and having a ton of fun!! (except they need to watch out for 'Dorien) lol...anyhow cute and fun creative card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.