Thursday, June 11, 2020

Something new . . .

Hello Friends!

In the process of trying a new technique, I made one misstep and realized
it wasn't going to work out as planned lol!  So, I decided to forget the 'technique' for now but, continue on, turning what I did have completed into a card.

The technique I'm referring to is the Inside Pop-Up Scene Cards
by Jennifer McGuire.

 Here's how things ended up . . .





I think it's still a very nice card ... just doesn't have the 'pop-up' feature!
BUT I'm not giving up and as soon as I have a little extra time, I'll watch Jennifer's video again (a little more closely this time ... lol) and give it 'another go'!

Dies I've used are:

Jeanie's Art 'Mountain Border'
Jeanie's Art 'Pine Border'
PaperRose 'Grass Edger
Cottage Cutz 'Double Stitched Rectangles'
Joy! Craft 'Clouds'

Thanks for stopping by and here's wishing you a wonderful Vitamin D day ahead!!

 

8 comments:

  1. You gave me a giggle today. I can't tell you how many times I have watched Jennifer do a fancy fold card and try to do one. Usually the first two wind up in the bin, but I keep trying until I get it. At least you ended up with a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an awesome card and I love your attitude to make it work, very inspiring! Plus, the sentiment matches up pretty much with your experience, eh? I would never have known anything was wrong as I never seem to have time to watch youtubers much. Stay well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it looks like a happy misstep as you have a wonderful card there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried a pop up card and envy you for trying! This card is extremely nice anyway and will definitely make someone very happy my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well it may not have turned out like you wanted but it looks great, such a cool scene and I just love the way you dressed up the left side of the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a completely awesome card despite not being what you originally intended. It's like looking at a beautiful view through the window and it turned out just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought this was so pretty and looked just like it was a picture hanging on a wall. Then you showed it open...WOW. You are so talented and this is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe it didn't turn out quite the way you wanted it to, but you sure turned it into a work of art. Love how the dies, sentiments and card design just work so beautifully together. Great job, my friend.
    Hugs,
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.