Saturday, August 13, 2022

Can You Handle The Pressure - Cats & Dogs

Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is 'CATS & DOGS'.  Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  
 

 I must admit I have had this 3D embossing folder with coordinating dies (and several more like it) for many years and had totally forgot about them until Diane & I came up with the idea of starting this challenge blog.  Only then did I  go through my stash gathering all the embossing folders I had and came across the binder I had these housed in.

Do you remember the old Spellbinder 3D  M-Bossabillities?
Well that's what this folder is.  This particular one is E3D-006  Framed Labels 18
and I have used the Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels 18 dies for my focus image.

Here is what the embossed panel appears before adding the image and sentiment.


You could certainly just add a stamped sentiment into that identified panel and VIOLA ... card done!  Or you could so some ink sponging to add a touch of color ... so much you could do with this folder!
OH and in case you can't tell ... these folders are 5x7 in size.
 
 When Diane came out with the twist of Cats and/or Dogs, I knew immediately I wanted to use up some of the old Graphic45 'Raining Cats & Dogs' collection papers/images I've had for so so long!

After die cutting my panels, I used a Gold round tipped Pilot Marker around the edges to make it appear they are matted when actually they are not and don't have the added weight of a mat panel.  I then used dimensional tape between the two panels.
 
 

 Gold Pilot Marker was also used around the edge of my sentiment panel.
 
 I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

9 comments:

  1. The image is so adorable!! What a lovely card!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously fun card and a beautiful EB folder, I might have it too (so many I'm not sure lol) A great use of the Graphic 45 too, now why didn't I think of that, thanks for the inspiration to get mine out and USE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous folder, I only have a few 5x7's but gives me something different to look for, and the gold around the edge looks so perfect, I never would have thought it was a pen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely GORGEOUS EF! And I love what you did with it. That gold edging is perfect, and I love the vintage picture. As absolutely wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable image and card; love the EF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That embossing folder is simply perfect for your design. I love the vintage look of this card, your image is so dear and perfect for the challenge. Well done, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my that is a darling image, like you said just perfect for the challenge and this folder was perfect to use with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This embossing folder creates such a beautiful layout with only the most minimal additions. The vintage style of it goes perfectly with the vintage image. I have that paper collection and love it. Really a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, my friend, everything about this card is gorgeous. Awesome embossing folder to showcase this sweet image. And the mats for the image are just perfect and really pop against your embossed background. Beautifully done! Hugs, Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.