Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A "little" playtime ...

Things have been unexpectedly crazy around here these last few days and I haven't had much time to play. DH (Mark) got even more bad news yesterday ... this time from the optometrist ... seems his cataracts are getting so bad (mostly from the steroids used during his chemo) that they feel he needs to have cataract surgery prior to all this high dose chemo / stem cell transplant stuff he has coming up! SO, we are off the the Cataract Surgeon this afternoon to see how quickly we can get this done!


God bless him, he's still trying to go into the office when he feels up to it but today he asked me to drive him in because he didn't feel it was safe for him to be driving himself ... now that's what I call "dedication to your job". So, while I'm waiting for the time to go pick him back up and take him for his appointment, I decided I was going to take some ME time and make a few cards.


I purchased his stamp over the weekend from my favorite stamping store in Zoar, Ohio (The Stamp Pad) and couldn't wait to play a little and see what I could come up with. Here I stamped it with Versafine black and used chalks and a cotton ball to color it. I have my "Nestability negatives" hanging on a peg in front of my workstation and just started looking to see what scrap I had available that would work and this one worked perfectly! I double matted it using gold metallic and real red cardstock then used dimensional tape to give it a little dimension. The background paper is by Fancy Pants and the gold sheer ribbon is by Joanne's. A simple card, but sweet I think. What are your thoughts?? (I noticed my mojo isn't quite right these days ... must have too much on my mind!)


I also purchased this bird cage image and the image I used to make the background from the same stamping store in Zoar, Ohio and wanted to see what I could do with them. (Have you noticed I can't stand to let a NEW stamp sit un-inked for very long ...) This card was just a quick toss together. I stamped the birdcage image (Inkadinkado) on ivory cs using blue bayou ink then colored in the birds using American Craft glitter pens. The background was made using a bird in the bush image ( Stampendous) and using soft sky ink. I had scraps on my worktable which I used for the sentiment panel and the chickadee was also a scrap left over from another project. Another simple little card ... but I think it's cute!
Do you have a birthday coming up?? Let me know and I'll send this card to YOU!
Thanks so much for stopping in ... sorry my work isn't up to standard ... I promise it will be better next time!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the red card with that vintage image. Just gorgous! And I have a birthday coming up, not till Nov. 28th though. But I'd love one of your cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.